Election Candidates and results 2018

Yep I agree - voted Labour. The only party brave enough to support the removal of all the unsightly and hazardous trees that crowd our streets.

I don't think many will take this bait. It's a little obvious. Must try harder.

Surprised there isn't a thread about this yet.....

Personally I will be making my feelings on recent events known via my choice of vote. I hope others will be doing the same.

I understand you're frustrated about the Amey contract but what do you do?

Take it out on local labour party who made a bad job of a PFI, or hit the party that is nationally responsible for the privatisation of most of our public services for profit? No forgetting their partners in crime and enablers, the Lib Dems?

Unless the Tories can a hammering at the polls today they'll take it as an endorsement of their nasty policies and we can look forward to more of the same.

Take it out on local labour party who made a bad job of a PFI, or hit the party that is nationally responsible for the privatisation of most of our public services for profit? No forgetting their partners in crime and enablers, the Lib Dems?

Unless the Tories can a hammering at the polls today they'll take it as an endorsement of their nasty policies and we can look forward to more of the same.

What do you do? You use your right to vote to voice that displeasure.

Personally I'm beyond frustrated - I'm shocked. Not just at the Amey issue, but at the attitude and contempt the public have been treated with by a complacent party whose whole attitude seems to be "well, what you going to do about it, you've got no other options."

One of the emails I had from my Councillor was appalling in it's arrogance and tone. I'm afraid wild horses couldn't make me vote for them again.

I won't be voting Tory though, so don't worry about that - there are other parties.

Did anyone actually have a prospective candidate call at their door?

The only person we had was a young woman representing the Greens, (not the actual candidate), who was trying to find out how we'd vote?

She was prepared to take details of any concerns & pass them on though but that's not really the point is it? At the end of the day it would be nice to quiz the organ grinder & not the monkey!

Only person I had was someone from Womens Equality Party.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 13:49 ----------

erm the tories have no chance of winning in my ward, or even getting many votes. So there is no need to vote labour at all just to hammer the tories. Instead to voice my displeasure I voted green, and hope the labour candidate is out by the end of the day.

There's a 4th party on every ballot. One completely opposed to PFIs and very much champions of trees. More Green councillors would be the best way to turn the tide on the deforestation of Sheffield

I get what people are saying about other parties - spoke to Lib Dem candidate who I used to work with and told i could vote with my conscience for any one of three parties in my ward - problem is if the votes for parties which are more-socially minded are split that plays into Tories hands too.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 13:59 ----------

There's a 4th party on every ballot. One completely opposed to PFIs and very much champions of trees. More Green councillors would be the best way to turn the tide on the deforestation of Sheffield

Had a lot of time for Cllrs Murphy and Creasy when my work used to take me into contact with them. Not sure I like the newer candidates as much.

I get what people are saying about other parties - spoke to Lib Dem candidate who I used to work with and told i could vote with my conscience for any one of three parties in my ward - problem is if the votes for parties which are more-socially minded are split that plays into Tories hands too.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 13:59 ----------

Had a lot of time for Cllrs Murphy and Creasy when my work used to take me into contact with them. Not sure I like the newer candidates as much.

The Tories aren't anywhere close anywhere in Sheffield - there's no danger of letting them in.

Labour are the establishment here. The entitlement bully boys, who have forgotten about people and need a bloody nose.

Doubt there is a fag paper thickness between the lot of them, they all pee in the same pot. Just my observations, others will think differently.

Angel1.

I looked at the attendance records for council meetings. Whilst some councillors had very good records, I found one had an abysmal 49per cent attendance.

One who sat on a particular group, apparently missed 5 meetings for same

Obviously some would have very good reasons for missing

but 49 per cent attendance?

Edited by kris99
m

I looked at the attendance records for council meetings. Whilst some councillors had very good records, I found one had an abysmal 49per cent attendance.

One who sat on a particular group, apparently missed 5 meetings for same

Obviously some would have very good reasons for missing

but 49 per cent attendance?

Probably taking notes from Mr Jared O'Mara on what you can get away with....

we have the lib dems in greenhill/beuchief ward and they in my opinion do a top job ,tried labour ,but they got outed within a year,awfull,giving big cash to 2 groups and nowt to the rest,promises never kept ,long noses come to mind,the labour council need a strong opposition otherwise we all get nowt decent.

we have the lib dems in greenhill/beuchief ward and they in my opinion do a top job ,tried labour ,but they got outed within a year,awfull,giving big cash to 2 groups and nowt to the rest,promises never kept ,long noses come to mind,the labour council need a strong opposition otherwise we all get nowt decent.

Each area has 3 elected members on a 4 year cycle. How can one of them be "outed" in a year, let alone all three?

Unless it was the time the whole council was up for election due to the reorganisation of wards. Your scenario would never happen normally.