The world cup megathread! ...everything here!

Who will win?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England
    • Brazil
    • Argentina
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Holland
    • Spain

:o where the link then i wanna see :hihi: :hihi:

Here look as for hearing too much about him, well welcome to the UK.

Good news, sick off hearing about it but he is a real must for England:thumbsup:

Cant see the fuss. Englands first two games are Paraguay and Trinidad. Both games they should be able to win without Rooney. Might be useful against Sweden, with a heavy emphasis on the word might. Its when Germany, etc appear on the horizon when they''ll be 'needing' him to play - a good couple of weeks away

Germany don,t really have such a great international team just now, I know they have spirit but goals win games ;)

Well last time round, they got walloped 5-1 by England on the way, played the whole tournament with Carsten jancker as first choice striker and still made the final.

Dont underestimate them!

We all have very short memories. Remember last world cup when we were wsweating over Beckham's metatarsal. He came back but was ineffective and virtually handed Brazil their first goal by chickening out of a tackle.

Really hope Rooners gets fit but it's a lot to expect him to make an impact in the first game or two he plays. That would take us to the semi (if by some fluke we get there!)...fingers crossed.

I'm not so worried about his absence now, because I think Beckham's form is superb and the rest of the team especially Crouchie are full of confidence.

Come on England!!!!

Well last time round, they got walloped 5-1 by England on the way, played the whole tournament with Carsten jancker as first choice striker and still made the final.

Dont underestimate them!

Agree...I reckon they are nailed on semi finalists and could go all the way

Its when Germany, etc appear on the horizon when they''ll be 'needing' him to play - a good couple of weeks away

we might be at the sweden game and not actually wanting to win because the germany group is settled before the final round of england matches kick off.

we might be at the sweden game and not actually wanting to win because the germany group is settled before the final round of england matches kick off.

Bring 'em on I say :D

Rooney is a different character & age to Beckham's injury in the last world cup,I think if Beckham had not pulled out of the tackle he should have made ,I think we would have got to the final & pasted Germany.Rooney will not be afraid of going into the tackle if he needs too & I think he might get a last 10 to 15 minutes of the Sweden game just ot get a bit of match fitness.But I think the squad we have can go all the way providing Gerrard plays well.Crouch will terrify T&T & Parrotguy.C'mon ENGLAND

Eh someone changed the title of the thread WHY :confused: Thats very gay

Agree...I reckon they are nailed on semi finalists and could go all the way

There is no such thing in football.

Anthing can happen and usually does, that is part of excitement.

We need all our players to perform at their zenith, and some out of their skin, if we want a real chance in the later stages.

Rooney is a player that could go toe to toe with the boys from Brasil, and maybe just maybe...

*No toe pun intended.