The world cup megathread! ...everything here!

Who will win?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England
    • Brazil
    • Argentina
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Holland
    • Spain

If Fowler was fit enough, and I don't believe he is, I feel his views on Sven might be held against him.

“To me, he’s not a particularly decent manager. He’s a half-decent coach who has got himself a massive reputation.” R. Fowler
Got to agree with you there Robbie lad :thumbsup:

Would like to think a European side can win the thing but just can't see anyone being quite strong enough. England could be in with a chance of going to the semi but the hype is absurd this time round and the media have set them up for a very big fall. Oh, and I'm English but feel no allegiance to the England team. An interesting summer distraction from the cricket but just doesnt compare with club footie for me.

All this hype about England and 1966, 40 years to the year,Carlsberg pub football team etc, etc. Is only rubbing salt into the wound that England haven't won the World cup since '66. And before anyone says it, yes I know Scotland have never won it, but then again you have only won it once and in the last 20 years England have had a far superior side to any UK national side.

Let's just hope England do well and look forward to a month of exciting football and some memorable games from around the world. :cool:

I believe those tipping Germany are in for a shock.

It's a reverse psychology type thingy. I tip Germany in the hope that I am wrong (as usual!) and as a result England win.

I see it as my patriotic duty to dismiss Englands chances and tip the team I don't want to win.

Fowler may not be our best striker these days but he's fit and as played premiership football, so obviously he should be part of the squad but he isn't. Why? Because sponsors have a bigger say than managers. This is why I hope England acheive nothing more or nothing less than their potential - which I believe will be a failure to get past the 1st stages!

fowler wont ever play for england again because he slated sven in his autobiography. If he wont appologise, he wont play!

fowler wont ever play for england again because he slated sven in his autobiography. If he wont appologise, he wont play!

He wont ever play again for England because he is a fat turd.

As an outside bet I reckon Portugal have a chance. My next door neighbour is French and fancies England this time (he forgot his shirt at footy last night so I lent him a spare England top - a classic sight! A Frenchman in an England top - he wasn't happy).

Brazil just look to good not to win! :)

Has any one got tickets ? If so, what games ?

My boss has been invited to the final... b*stard!

My boss has been invited to the final... b*stard!

Who's in the final like? :huh:

Who's in the final like what?

Who's in the final like what?

Like, who's in the final like?