The world cup megathread! ...everything here!

Who will win?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England
    • Brazil
    • Argentina
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Holland
    • Spain

I think Spain will win an i'm from England.

I feel England desereve to lose because they seem to allow the corporate sponsors to pick the team; hence Rooney, Walcot (some sort of Corporate gamble???) and Owen being in.

Fowler may not be our best striker these days but he's fit and as played premiership football, so obviously he should be part of the squad but he isn't. Why? Because sponsors have a bigger say than managers. This is why I hope England acheive nothing more or nothing less than their potential - which I believe will be a failure to get past the 1st stages!

Hmmmm can't say I agree. I believe all England's players are in the squad on their own merit. Fowler may still be one of the best finishers in the country but he does not have the fitness, having only been a bit player over the later parts of the season. He's also too out of touch with the International set up.

I personally agree with Sven's decisions, especially concerning Walcott. I think most people will agree. Rooney has to go, simple as that, and him aside Owen is our best striker! He might not be 100% fit and sharp, but he is a big game player and that will come.

I believe the England national team do not rely on corporate sponsors survive, they are just ways of making extra cash, helping with costs etc. They can survive without them and hence they do not have much power over selection. As has been mentioned on a previous thread, if there's any corruption going on, it'll be the likes of David Dean.....

I feel England desereve to lose because they seem to allow the corporate sponsors to pick the team; hence Rooney, Walcot (some sort of Corporate gamble???) and Owen being in.

Two words disprove that theory...Owen Hargreaves :hihi:

And let's face it if everybody was fit I think 90% of England fans would pick starting eleven of Robinson, Neville, Fedinand, Terry, A. Cole, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J. Cole, Rooney & Owen. Strongly suspect Rooney will not make the squad.

Any of half a dozen teams could win the world cup and I'd include England in them (but not Spain).

And let's face it if everybody was fit I think 90% of England fans would pick starting eleven of Robinson, Neville, Fedinand, Terry, A. Cole, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J. Cole, Rooney & Owen. Strongly suspect Rooney will not make the squad.

Any of half a dozen teams could win the world cup and I'd include England in them (but not Spain).

I must be one of the 10%. I think Ferdinand and Owen have looked well short of international class this season, I've never been totally convinced by Ashley and I would rather see Carrick than Lampard in the side.

I can't see England winning - Sven has taken too many big gambles and they're not all going to pay off. It's going to take a very good team to beat the Germans on home soil and they are the favourites for me.

i agree with tricky....owen and rio are rubbish and have been all season. rio has no heart in it anymore...ever since he flirted with the idea of going down south to chelsea cause of a good wage packet...

we do have a world class team, bar to strikers atm, but im liking the fact that joe cole and peter crouch are linking up very well...ok, so it has been against mediocre teams, but it is a start...

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

oh yeah - to answer the post question, im english but think this mite be italys year - rank outsiders i know, but they will be lookin sharp.

English-born Irishman

England will get through the group stages easily enough. I'm flying in the face of all the media hype and suggesting they wont win the thing. Semi's maybe.

Brazil - Germany final again I think. Argentina and France both cocked up big time last time around and cant see them letting that happen again so they wont be far away. It'll be a side with the calibre of those 4 that sends England home. On penalties again!

England v Germany final and I tip Germany to win... and I'm English!

There's a free to enter "World Cup Prediction" competition on the haggle4me website if people fancy having a go... link. Not that many people have entered yet so there should be a reasonable chance of winning!

Can't See Germany in the final myself, not after poor display against Japan.

Fancy France or Holland for final probably against Brazil if that is statistically possible. I sincerely hope England do well even though I'm Scottish. :cool:

Being an ex pat living in Canada.

I cannot see England getting as far as the semi's.

They do not have the goal scoring talent to do it.

In defence i would say they are on a-par with any country, but lack the genius to score goals.

I think it will be Brazil .Again!

Fowler may not be our best striker these days but he's fit and as played premiership football, so obviously he should be part of the squad but he isn't. Why? Because sponsors have a bigger say than managers. This is why I hope England acheive nothing more or nothing less than their potential - which I believe will be a failure to get past the 1st stages!

Brilliant post mate!

I would have taken fowler instead of walcott- Robbie may be getting on a bit and not be as good, but he is proven and thats what we need in germany.

I believe those tipping Germany are in for a shock.

I believe those tipping Germany are in for a shock.

Damn right- even Ballack says they wont win it.