How to get Whatsapp pics to pc?

Exactly as the title.

How do i get whatsapp pics and videos off my iphone onto my laptop - without paying for some unknown software.

Thanks in advance.

What phone do you have?

If you have an Android and have the settings on Whatsapp to save all media to your phone then its a piece of cake: simply plug your phone into your computer using the cable that came with it (the same one you use to charge it with no doubt), up should pop your phone as a mass storage device. Find the folder with all your pictures, and just drag them onto your computer.

If you have an iPhone, you would have to email them to yourself.

EDIT - just seen you have an iphone. Ignore most of the above. Email to yourself probably the best way.

never thought of emailing them, could take a while.

many thanks

What phone do you have?

If you have an Android and have the settings on Whatsapp to save all media to your phone then its a piece of cake: simply plug your phone into your computer using the cable that came with it (the same one you use to charge it with no doubt), up should pop your phone as a mass storage device. Find the folder with all your pictures, and just drag them onto your computer.

If you have an iPhone, you would have to email them to yourself.

EDIT - just seen you have an iphone. Ignore most of the above. Email to yourself probably the best way.

The same applies for iPhone.

Synchronise the whatsapp media folder to dropbox, do the same on PC, you'll always have all the photos then, without messing about sending yourself emails or such nonsense.

Also onedrive would work, and probably a number of other similar applications.

I looked at emailing however 2546 pics were a bit much.

However i simply plugged the iphone in and searched the media files,uploaded to a new folder and have now worked through them all.

Its also allowed me to delete the chat off whatsaap and free some space.

I do have onedrive (and icloud )but it didn't want to work with my iphone - or i could have done something wrong.

Thanks all anyway.

If it's iphone can't you do something with iCloud?

Save to phone then plug phone in via usb

Surprised no one mentioned the easiest way.

Download the official WhatsApp app for your PC and download them directly from the conversation.

If you have got whatsapp web on the pc you can just click on the picture and drag it to a folder on the desktop, or anywhere you like. You don't have to connect the pc and phone by cable either.

What a load of effort, typical Apple products.

At least on Android I can plug my phone into the computer, its seen as a USB device and I can just browse to the Whatsapp folder.