Extend the sugar tax

Since those on low incomes have a poorer diet, and have shorter lives as a result, perhaps that is a good thing?

I am on a low income and have a very good diet, so that's really no excuse. I don't think problems occur because of low incomes but laziness and not being bothered to cook or prepare fresh food.

Do you agree with your taxes being used to fund other people’s healthcare purely because they cannot be educated with regards to the damage sugar does to their and their children’s health.

Yes, but I also disagree with my taxes being used to treat people who do a lot of other really stupid things that injure them. If you ask me things like skiing and motorbike riding should be on the list as well.

I am on a low income and have a very good diet,

Is it really that much cheaper to have a unhealthy diet?

Loads of fizzy drinks, high sugar sweets, high fat foods, takeaways etc etc etc

It doesn't sound like a cheap way to live??

Is it really that much cheaper to have a unhealthy diet?

Loads of fizzy drinks, high sugar sweets, high fat foods, takeaways etc etc etc

It doesn't sound like a cheap way to live??

I think you have read the post wrong. I'm not saying its cheaper to have an unhealthy diet quite the opposite.

I am on a low income and have a very good diet, so that's really no excuse. I don't think problems occur because of low incomes but laziness and not being bothered to cook or prepare fresh food.

I think low income individuals can be very hard working, but some families tend to rely on pre-prepared food and schools are poor at teaching cooking skills and dietary requirements.

I have friends that believe the type of food that they eat has very little effect on their health.

Govt need to do something about all the palm oil that’s being used in food products that is not beneficial to health or nature instead of focusing on a sugar tax. I read today that Iceland has banned it from its products as its high in saturated fats and devastates tropical rainforests = http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43696948

Govt need to do something about all the palm oil that’s being used in food products that is not beneficial to health or nature instead of focusing on a sugar tax. I read today that Iceland has banned it from its products as its high in saturated fats and devastates tropical rainforests = http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43696948

A good step in the right direction.

I'm not saying its cheaper to have an unhealthy diet quite the opposite.

We're making the same point, you often hear the statement:

"Those on low income have an unhealthy diet"

Yet question if the diet is actually a factor of being on low income as it's not exactly cheap?

We're making the same point, you often hear the statement:

"Those on low income have an unhealthy diet"

Yet question if the diet is actually a factor of being on low income as it's not exactly cheap?

Ahh, get you now. I'm having a thick day, must be the weather.:hihi:

I think low income individuals can be very hard working, but some families tend to rely on pre-prepared food and schools are poor at teaching cooking skills and dietary requirements.

I have friends that believe the type of food that they eat has very little effect on their health.

it is pure lazyness using pre prepared foods, fresh stuff can be cheaper and is very easy to prepare, plenty of wholesome meals take less the 20 mins to prepare and cook.

Yes, but I also disagree with my taxes being used to treat people who do a lot of other really stupid things that injure them. If you ask me things like skiing and motorbike riding should be on the list as well.

Hilarious that you include skiing, you've no idea what the injury rate is do you?

I bet you'd be shocked by the injury rate at football though.

it is pure lazyness using pre prepared foods, fresh stuff can be cheaper and is very easy to prepare, plenty of wholesome meals take less the 20 mins to prepare and cook.

Quite correct. A fat woman in the papers last year was saying she was spending 300 quid a month on takeaways and needed more benefits to eat healthily.

Incidentally, that's more than me and my missus spend in a month on food.

Mind you she learned how to budget and cook from her mother, and before anybody says 'why don't I do it?' It's because she's better at it than me.