Kentucky Fried Chicken

Thought I would treat myself to some Kentucky Fried Chicken today (5th April 2018 ), went to the local one and was in the process of ordering my usual meal, which includes 2 portions of large fries - we don't do large anymore I was told.

How big are the normal bags and how much per bag......99 pence I was told.

Now I'm not exaggerating, but you would be lucky to get more than 10 fries in that small bag

so to get anywhere near the number of fries I use to get in the two large bags, I would have to buy at least 4 x small ones: cost £3-96 ( that's just for the fries ) - told them to cancel the order and I walked out.

At my local fish and chip shop, I can get a bag of chips for £1.20 and there's that many you can't eat them all and have to throw some away.

Shame I won't be having any KFC again......but I'm not paying those prices !

There's no listing or advertisement over the back of the counter has there use to be either showing extra portions that are available.

I think KFC have always been quite expensive. Pity, because it's one of the few take-aways that I like....Apart from fish and chips of course :love:

My local kfc still doesn't have the stock. I went last week to be reeled off a list of the only things they do have. I asked one of the girls i know who works there, and she said she didn't think it would get back to normal until at least may.

Not very good in my opinion.

Went the other week to KFC City Road, they were still running a reduced menu, the coffee machine was broke, they had no bottled water and the roof was leaking.

the one on west st avent had the proper menu for weeks,and the flaming wraps have shrunk by about an inch.if it wasnt for the chinese customers it would probabley close,they love there kfc the chinese students.

I went yesterday for the first time in months and i wasn't that impressed either.Didnt have the drink i wanted and the fries were cold.

If you did a bit of research about intensively farmed chicken production you'd probably never eat there again.

If you did a bit of research about intensively farmed chicken production you'd probably never eat there again.

How do we know the chicken we buy (say from the supermarket, not a fast food place), is ethically reared?

Visited the Trafford Center on Wednesday, well worth it just for the exotic and ornate styling and the Xmas decorations, much better than M/Hall!

Whilst there, my friend recommended a £1.99 chicken and chips from Kentucky- wish I hadn't bothered. Small piece of greasy chicken and a few chips, had to ask them for a sachet (stamp sized) of ketchup, and they didn't have any vinegar. I would guess their "extras" are of similar minimal offerings. Can't expect a meal on £1.99 I know, but with hindsight would have got better value buying a decent sandwich from a supermarket.

On 07/04/2018 at 09:55, Waldo said:

How do we know the chicken we buy (say from the supermarket, not a fast food place), is ethically reared?

They are intensively reared inside in thousands per unit. If this wasn't the case chicken would be very expensive and a lot less obtainable. To have a naturally reared free range chicken costs more but worth it for the taste.

Son lives in France and he brings me  a few chickens over when he comes back to the uk,tastes a world apart from uk supermarket chuck,full of flavour,like it used to be when I was a kid.

I rarely eat uk chicken,even in the supermarket currys its got barely any flavour

If you ever work at some of the kfc branches you’d never eat the stuff again