Supertram free travel

Had someone give me dirty looks today. Scanned card with collector on way out of tram like usual.

Who are these self acclaim bored idiot selfish people who think they know it all thinking you're not paying.

maybe they are told to do this in case the person turns agressive

"Can I see your ticket?" would help too!

The times I've seen inspectors I got the impression that the conductors got in some sort of trouble if people on the tram were found by them not to have a ticket.

Any truth in that?

Not using the tram a lot anymore, but yes there is. I frequently saw people (usually young men) kick off against a conductor on the tram. I'm fairly sure that the current situation is policy to avoid conflict and I can understand why it is set up like that. A conductor can't be an enforcer, they don't get paid enough.

Some of these conductors are young intelligent woman in twenties.

If they need an enforcer I'll check the lot for them and make sure these no payers never get on without buying a ticket again. But my methods are too extreme for british society.

High turnover rate of conductors, don't see same faces for long there. Something definitively wrong with that job.

Edited by dutch

They say "Anymore fares please?"

They ought to say to individuals "Can I take your fare please?"

Simple change but making it more direct will stop this from happening.

Only works if they can remember exactly who has already paid them though.

There is a big difference between trams and buses. The bus drivers have to enforce the fares, but the tram conductors just have to ensure that passenger's have been given the opportunity to buy the ticket. It is only the inspector that can enforce the rules around tickets.

Really annoys me. I got on at Middlewood to work (Uni stop) today and the conductor got to me just before. I paid my fair honestly as I had used the service. The people who don't are so frustrating. It seems like nothing significant but it is!

Conductor had to sit down and stop yesterday. She was shattered, too tired. I asked her if this happened often and she said walking around moving tram was too much for her.

Guess its worse than an airplane. Tram moves in hard shocks, airplane usually softer waving motion.