Facebook, who is looking at my profile?

Does anyone know how you can find out who is looking at your posts, or photos on facebook?

Does anyone know how you can find out who is looking at your posts, or photos on facebook?

Yes, very easily.

If somebody is standing behind you looking at your screen, that is a very good indication

A mob called Cambridge Analytica might be able to help you.

Guest makapaka

I wouldnt go on Facebook for a golden pig.

I don't know anything about Facebook but like on here, if you put things in a public place then anyone can be looking at your posts and pics

Look up Facebook visitors.

I am surprised there are not more posts about facebook, about half of the population are on facebook.

Guest makapaka

It’s something I will never comprehend-i never used it but sort of got it initially.

Like a more interactive friends reunited thing.

Now it’s seemingly a voluntary upload of personal info and a tool to spread lies and misinformation.

Disastrous invention.

Rogets - click on the arrow, top right and select settings. Start at the top and go through each setting carefully, using the Edit buttons.

Continue down the list and edit them. When you reach Public posts you will see the Public profile info. This is the setting that you will be interested in. It can be set to Public, Friends of friends or Friends, the most private being the latter. When you have done all this, go to your Friends list and delete all those who you do not want to communicate with. The more friends you have, the more people will see your profile and posts.

Even with all the settings tied down, if you are concerned about privacy it is probably best not to use Facebook. Accounts can be deactivated or deleted. If you choose to deactivate, no one can see your profile. If the latter is chosen, your Facebook data can be archived by downloading it using the link under the General setting.

The story about the lost camera that appeared in the news last week highlights just how ubiquitous Facebook is. The camera was found by some schoolchildren on the beach in Taiwan. They put the find on Facebook and within twenty four hours the owner, who had lost the camera two years ago had been found. Facebook has good and useful elements as well as bad ones. It is a case of deciding how (or if) you want to use it and then doing it correctly, to your own advantage.

Edited by Jomie

I guess most people are worried about the wrong sorts of people looking at your posts and photos

But I'll do what you said jomie

But as for checking who has already looked at photos and posts? Is this possible

---------- Post added 05-04-2018 at 12:32 ----------

Why would you care?

That's like asking who looked at you while you walk down the road

You don't want to be looked at

That's the thing

It’s something I will never comprehend-i never used it but sort of got it initially.

Like a more interactive friends reunited thing.

Now it’s seemingly a voluntary upload of personal info and a tool to spread lies and misinformation.

Disastrous invention.

Friends Reunited is much LESS 'interactive' and involving than Facebook imho...

---------- Post added 05-04-2018 at 12:57 ----------

I guess most people are worried about the wrong sorts of people looking at your posts and photos

But I'll do what you said jomie

But as for checking who has already looked at photos and posts? Is this possible

---------- Post added 05-04-2018 at 12:32 ----------

You don't want to be looked at

That's the thing

No, not possible - but you can limit them to 'Friends Only' or even only certain people....

(You create a group, add selected people into group, then allow only said group to view whatever)

Rogets - I don’t know if you can discover who has been looking at your pictures and posts although if they have liked or replied to any of them you should be able to see this in your notifications.

In Facebook land things very quickly get buried so maybe it is best to forget about the past and start afresh with tightened settings and shortened friends list.

Think about what you want out of FB and tailor it to your requirements. You don’t have to be connected to all and sundry. As has been said, if you only want to communicate with a select few people then create a private group, making yourself admin. You then invite these people to join or you can add them yourself. All posts and photographs within a group can be seen only by members of it as long as you have the correct settings.

If You're Not Ready To Delete Facebook, Here's How To Limit The Data You Give It. Check Facebook apps as they give information away and delete the ones you don’t use.

Edited by Jomie