Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of murder after suspected burglar

A 78 year old man taking on two burglars younger than him, he must be fit. I hope after the police investigate what happened the case is then dropped.

Not long before the snowflakes surfaced. The old guy 78 years young should be congratulated for getting rid of one more piece of vermin off our streets and rewarded with a gong of some description.

Any one who enters your property without permission in the dead of night should be fair game to the householder. Once inside the property (armed with a screwdriver this one) your legal rights should be void.

As for any sympathy for the burglar who died, what a pity never mind. There will be more mindless cretins out there to take his place.

Angel1.

Not long before the snowflakes surfaced. The old guy 78 years young should be congratulated for getting rid of one more piece of vermin off our streets and rewarded with a gong of some description.

Any one who enters your property without permission in the dead of night should be fair game to the householder. Once inside the property (armed with a screwdriver this one) your legal rights should be void.

As for any sympathy for the burglar who died, what a pity never mind. There will be more mindless cretins out there to take his place.

Angel1.

Where are the snowflakes?

Honestly - where?

NAME AND SHAME!

Where are the snowflakes?

Honestly - where?

NAME AND SHAME!

Read the posts, it will hit you round the chops like a dead fish it's so obvious.

Angel1.

Angel1.

Really? Snowflakes the best insult you can come up with?

I had a guy burst in my back door once making a lot of noise and acting rather arsey. I was cooking dinner and had a big knife in my hand at the time.

Should I have...

1. Knifed him to death and called the police

2. Knifed him to death and called the papers for sympathy?

3. Knifed him to death and posted on SF to look big and hard and clever cos y'know - snowflakes?

4. Asked him what he was doing and finding out he was new to the area, had miscounted the ginnels and was four houses down and wasnt actually in his brothers house as he thought?

I chose 4. Everyone lived, there was no drama and that was it.

Think a bit first... mistakes happen - you don't get to murder people just gos they made a mistake...

Read the posts, it will hit you round the chops like a dead fish it's so obvious.

Angel1.

You cant name any then.

Thats fine.

Ive seen a few posters commenting how investigation is to be expected. Ive seen NONE defending or excusing the burglar.

It is possible to get prison though, depending how far you go:

Man jailed for killing burglar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2335975.stm

Not too far, so much as not self defence at all.

"Mr Williams, of Tottenham, north London, 35, died in January after being stabbed twelve times in the back "

And on the face of it nothing like the case this time.

---------- Post added 04-04-2018 at 17:38 ----------

Not long before the snowflakes surfaced.

I appreciate that you want to seem up to date with the kids and that "snowflake" is the new insult de jour. But do you even know what it means?

It certainly doesn't apply to anyone posting in this thread.

The old guy 78 years young should be congratulated for getting rid of one more piece of vermin off our streets and rewarded with a gong of some description.

Brilliant, I'll invite you over for coffee, kill you, smash a window and claim that you broke in. :roll:

---------- Post added 04-04-2018 at 17:39 ----------

I missed that... explains a lot.

I think he got it confused though, he's IS a clown, he doesn't like winding them up.

they'll probably come back and burgle the house properly now they know he's in the nick and not there.

they say they always return to the scene of the crime.

Nobody has sympathized with the burglar on here. Literally nobody.

Im not even sure there will be retrebution either - this doesnt strike me as gang related.

Some of the nut job burglars who I have known in the past would absolutely make you pay for causing them harm, so would the burglars family and scummy friends, on many rough estates you would have to move away.

Some of the nut job burglars who I have known in the past would absolutely make you pay for causing them harm, so would the burglars family and scummy friends, on many rough estates you would have to move away.

Thats true I suppose. This seemed, based on picturs only, quite a nice estate. When my parents were robbed the police found prints (I know! They turned up!! And did a grand job to be fair) to put said burglar away after he coughed for a load more. No retribution possibly because he wasnt local?