Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of murder after suspected burglar

The 'scum' is dead, so he's not really being protected from anything is he.

The law applies to everyone though, once the police and the CPS establish that it was reasonable force then the arrest will be dropped. It's entirely correct that it be investigated to confirm that things are as described.

---------- Post added 05-04-2018 at 08:10 ----------

Not one single person has shown any sympathy for the burglar.

It's like the more reactionary and right wing don't actually bother to read what's written or to engage the thing in their heads.

I can"t show sympathy for the burglar, its happened and I suppose its an occupational hazard.. having said that no one deserves to lose there life committing a break in.

5. Two men enter your house , uninvited , late at night . One of them forces you into the kitchen with a pointed weapon , while the other one searches your house for valuables . " mistakes happen" , really ?

As the argument I posted above was clearly not intended to refute that and was aimed at an entirely different set of circumstances, your comparison is irrelevant.

I find it curious that people seem to think the law should not be applied evenly to all age groups; i.e. he's an old man so we should be more lenient on him.

Is that happening?

If there's a self defence and protecting your home angle, fair enough, I think that should absolutely be taken in to account, no matter what age you are.

I find it curious that people seem to think the law should not be applied evenly to all age groups; i.e. he's an old man so we should be more lenient on him.

Is that happening?

If there's a self defence and protecting your home angle, fair enough, I think that should absolutely be taken in to account, no matter what age you are.

It's the group of people who think that intruders should lose all protection from the law who I find concerning.

having said that no one deserves to lose there life committing a break in.

Disagree. Burglary is a despicable crime and can have long term psychological effects for the victim. Its not just about a bit of stuff gone missing that can be replaced by insurance.

So you think burglars deserve to die?

So you think burglars deserve to die?

no just chop there hands off and poke there eyes out

Yeah, why not. They're scum.

If someone broke into my house, stole my money, possesions etc. I would want them caught and punished, I certainly would"nt want them dead.

what your saying is death sentence for burgalary. Give over.

The world would be a hugely better place without career burglars in it. Or perverts. Or fly tippers, etc. I've got a list.

Kill them? I guess not. Launch them into space maybe?

The world would be a hugely better place without career burglars in it. Or perverts. Or fly tippers, etc. I've got a list.

Kill them? I guess not. Launch them into space maybe?

Nah, 3months solitary confinement first offence, six months 2nd offence, and so on, they"d soon learn.

Is that happening?

Parliament thinks the law should not be applied evenly to all age groups as the age of criminal responsibility is ten years old.

You seem to be confusing the law with sentencing.