Gender pay gap!

and it has to do with gender related pay?? because?

think about it, think about stuff, think about history, think about others, for a change

Prove it:roll:

Prove that I hope that... Well, it's my thought, so I think you can take it as a given, unless you can somehow prove that I don't hope that.

If you mean prove the age discrimination, well you just posted it on a public forum. :roll:

The survey is very incomplete. For example at my company there is a 13% gender pay gap between men and women. However, the men tend to be in engineering roles that pay more versus admin roles that are performed by women.

Unless the survey compared like for like in terms of job roles, then we are not going to get a very representative picture.

Not enough women in the cushy boardroom roles...

Not enough women refuse collectors or brickies/electricians/joiners, either...

Seems to be it's only the nice jobs that anyone's bothered about.

Also - effectively ripping the woman away from the baby because of feminism shouldn't be a reason used to claim pay inequality. We're animals, and you see it all through the animal kingdom the need for the young to be near the mothers until old enough to fend for themselves.

But no... we're different with our supposed inequality, 320 genders and little bits of paper and metal.

The human race has done well so far until the 3rd Wavers and SJWs turned up...

Meh, just my opinion.

Guest makapaka

Also - effectively ripping the woman away from the baby because of feminism shouldn't be a reason used to claim pay inequality. We're animals, and you see it all through the animal kingdom the need for the young to be near the mothers until old enough to fend for themselves.

But no... we're different with our supposed inequality, 320 genders and little bits of paper and metal.

Meh, just my opinion.

This should be about pay not position.

A woman should get the same pay as a man for doing the same job.

Meh, just my opinion.

Hahaha.

One day, when you are ready to share, do tell us all the reasons for your bizarre misogyny. There must be some sort of traumatic incident behind all of this anger.

Until then, I’ll just sit back and enjoy your rants that seem to emanate from 1973.

There are laws in place to make sure they do.

The gender pay gap figures dont represent this though,totally flawed and pointless exercise and more likely to encourage positive discrimination in an effort to balance the pointless paygap difference.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/gender-pay-gap-reporting-deadline-companies-must-reveal-or-unlimited-fines-a8287251.html

another cynical excercise which really wont help anything, why on earth should companies be told to do this? if its a private company then it should mind your own blooming business.

pay differences are there for a reason, skills, age, experience, time off for pregnancy etc etc.

there wont be many cases where a position could be considered totally equal.

Can't you use your entrepreneurial skills to find a way around it?

ah you mean less productive when in hormone cycle time?? and not willing to work over, yes had all that with some staff, no longer employ if under 40.

Not only illegal, but stupid. Imagine how many amazing, talented people you could miss purely because of their age. Zuckerberg is 33.

Yet much of what i've heard is that more men are in higher paying jobs and women occupy lower paying jobs. Like with the Ryanair spokesperson saying that the female stewards are paid less than the male pilots... well, that's a choice the women make. Want to earn more? Become a pilot. What i want to know is are the female pilots, as few as they are, paid the same as the male pilots. Likewise, are the male stewards paid the same as the women?

And i remember a discussion on a similar thread involving care providers and binmen where people are complaining that binmen are paid more because it's a male-dominated field. Again, choices - if someone wants to be paid more but takes a job that pays less, you can't then complain about it.

I want to be paid the same as both my Team Leader and Unit Manager who are female... however, it's my choice not to move up to that level as i don't want that level of responsibility. My choice.

One female colleague gets paid more than me because she's been there longer and has more experience, and another is paid less because she's not been there as long and is less experienced than me. We all do the same job and have the same responsibilities, yet no one is shouting inequality because it's about experience time in service.

Is it as simple as a choice, why are there fewer female pilots and fewer male flight attendants?

Yet much of what i've heard is that more men are in higher paying jobs and women occupy lower paying jobs. Like with the Ryanair spokesperson saying that the female stewards are paid less than the male pilots... well, that's a choice the women make. Want to earn more? Become a pilot. What i want to know is are the female pilots, as few as they are, paid the same as the male pilots. Likewise, are the male stewards paid the same as the women?

And i remember a discussion on a similar thread involving care providers and binmen where people are complaining that binmen are paid more because it's a male-dominated field. Again, choices - if someone wants to be paid more but takes a job that pays less, you can't then complain about it.

I want to be paid the same as both my Team Leader and Unit Manager who are female... however, it's my choice not to move up to that level as i don't want that level of responsibility. My choice.

One female colleague gets paid more than me because she's been there longer and has more experience, and another is paid less because she's not been there as long and is less experienced than me. We all do the same job and have the same responsibilities, yet no one is shouting inequality because it's about experience time in service.

Excellent post. Another factor is some people are better at doing the same or similar job than others. Martina Navratilova has complained because John McEnroe gets paid much more than her for commentating on Tennis during Wimbledon for the BBC. The fact is John McEnroe is a much better commentator than Martina Navratilova, whose services are sought after from America broadcasters and made many more appearances in the BBC commentary box than Martina Navratilova.