Shops in Sheffield who do discounts for the over fifties?

Of course this is no admission to being a day over 25!!!:D

well if you went in morrisons and you picked up something buy one get one free would you put one back and ask yourself why it had been offered

i meant your age group specifically - discounts for the elderly, perhaps, or infirm, but healthy 50 plussers? get out!

you dont count as elderly anymore love, so stop tying to blag an easier ride...why should i, as a 27 yr old, have to pay more than you for something?

hmmm....?

B&Q might. Or it might only be for the over-60s?

whoaaaa...i never said i was fifty did i??i might be sixty or even seventy...and....i might have worked from 15 to 65 paying tax to keep all the workshy and illegal immigrants(and i can tell you i have never claimed the dole once in my lifetime)....not to mention a few others...soooo...i reckon ive done my share

whoaaaa...i never said i was fifty did i??i might be sixty or even seventy...and....i might have worked from 15 to 65 paying tax to keep all the workshy and illegal immigrants(and i can tell you i have never claimed the dole once in my lifetime)....not to mention a few others...soooo...i reckon ive done my share

Yep you would have done your share to claim free health care and pension without any feelings of guilt.

Your thread states over 50's, not over 65's so i think it is reasonable for someone to ask why it is you think that someone of working age should expect a discount at the expense of other consumers.

(Please dont deny that you do expect someone to offer discount or you would not have asked the question)

Of course this is no admission to being a day over 25!!!:D

John Heaths & Sons? :P

but just cos there is a discount for one age group doent make for another to pay more..all that does is get people in the shop..which in turn brings prices down....and ..i know many young people who openly admit they will never workand no shame about it...and the reason is they grew up in an age when it was ok to think that...its always rankled with me after a lifetime working on building sites in all weathers that i'm paying to keep them all

but just cos there is a discount for one age group doent make for another to pay more..all that does is get people in the shop..which in turn brings prices down....and ..i know many young people who openly admit they will never workand no shame about it...and the reason is they grew up in an age when it was ok to think that...its always rankled with me after a lifetime working on building sites in all weathers that i'm paying to keep them all

I can relate to your views on the work shy but I still fail to see why you should recieve discounts for being over 50.

I understand the point about bringing more business into the shop but this is still to the disadvantage of customers under 50. What is a fair way of offering discounts is to offer them for brand loyalty, many businesses offer loyalty schemes that benefits all customers in relation to the amount they spend and does not reward them for having the good fortune to survive beyond a certain age.

well if you went in morrisons and you picked up something buy one get one free would you put one back and ask yourself why it had been offered

There are instances where I coudn't use two - I'd love to be able to give the free one to someone who was struggling on a limited budget.