25yrs Ago Today – The Big One!!

No I didnt actually

Did you hibernate in the 90s?

Did you hibernate in the 90s?

No but didn't Man u & Arsenal win back then?

No but didn't Man u & Arsenal win back then?

I'm sure they must have won a game in the 90's, which game do you mean?

It really was a great day. We set off about 2am from a pub in attercliffe. Thousands of people en route. Blades definitely won it on balloons and flares. It looked like job done when our half was filled with red and white ones, but God scored and the rest was history. There's only one Chrissy Waddle. No gloating - just a fantastic day in both clubs history.

Bitterest post ever, one allegedly poor team came within two games of winning the Premier League that season as well as two cup finals and were far from poor. The other got relegated the following season.

Bitterest post ever? What about saddest thread started ever? Still clinging on to events 25 years ago.

Bitterest post ever? What about saddest thread started ever? Still clinging on to events 25 years ago.

Don't talk rubbish, its still the biggest Sheffield derby ever (and probably ever will be) and 25yrs is a reasonable milestone to remember it, one of the best weekends I've ever had with a football connection, well worth recalling.

I'm sure it was brilliant and everything, but to not win the thing in the end kind of made it for nothing.

I always thought this was the time you won it until I was corrected earlier in the thread. Seems like it was the wrong bloody cup anyway.

I'm sure it was brilliant and everything, but to not win the thing in the end kind of made it for nothing.

I always thought this was the time you won it until I was corrected earlier in the thread. Seems like it was the wrong bloody cup anyway.

Nah a huge game like this could never count for nothing, it was always my dream as a child to see us walk out in an FA cup final and it happened, beating our bitterest rivals in the game every Sheffield football fan wanted to win just added to it, one of the days that makes being a footy fan so great.

Thought the better of 2 poor teams won that game.

Have another look on YouTube. Your telly ariel must have been playing up that day. Wednesday were one of the best teams in the country at that time and played United off the park.

No I didnt actually

You don’t know much though, do you. That’s pretty clear from your other posts.

My abiding memory of the day, aside from the Waddle goal and the Wednesday dominance was all about a United player.

Mel Rees. That lap before the game put a lump in a lot of throats. And the match into perspective.

Nah a huge game like this could never count for nothing, it was always my dream as a child to see us walk out in an FA cup final and it happened, beating our bitterest rivals in the game every Sheffield football fan wanted to win just added to it, one of the days that makes being a footy fan so great.

It sounded incredible as an experience. But yet again, ultimately another failure by a Sheffield team.

Before my time anyway, I'm sure Sheffield football fans alike enjoyed the day.

It sounded incredible as an experience. But yet again, ultimately another failure by a Sheffield team.

Before my time anyway, I'm sure Sheffield football fans alike enjoyed the day.

50% of them did after about 1:02pm :hihi:

Don't talk rubbish, its still the biggest Sheffield derby ever (and probably ever will be) and 25yrs is a reasonable milestone to remember it, one of the best weekends I've ever had with a football connection, well worth recalling.

I’m sure it was and recall it all you want but you can recall it without starting a thread on it