Where do you buy your plants?

I get most of my plants from http://newleafplantcentre.co.uk/

What are the prices like? Do they have run of the mill or do they gave unusual plants too?

I’ve been to Bunnings in Rotherham Parkgate at teatime today. I don’t know if they have just had a delivery but it was chock a block with healthy looking plants, some average price but some excellent value. They have some sale end of range plants. I bought. Thyme for 30p. It was small but the bigger ones were almost £2. I bought five small shrubs which grow up to 80 cm after 5 years. Reduced to £2.98 each from £7(ish). They were healthy but end of range.

Edited by Chez2
Phone spell check typo

Barnsley market cheap and some quality plants

I never buy from garden centres

You asked and answered on the same day. Shrubs are plants too or had you gone out during the day you posted and found what you wanted? If not, Braithwell Nursery has some nice pink hebes that stay small. I know its near Maltby, Rotherham not Sheffield. They are good for prices and unusual plants. The guy who runs it is very knowledgeable but a bit outspoken. Take cash and wear sturdy footwear as its an old fashioned nursery.

Moonbird - see above. Not sure if the OP banjodeano wanted hebes or just any small shrub. You specifically asked for hebes.

Ooh thank you, will see if I can go take a look :)

Hi

Watch the forum for the allotment and similar societies and the botanical gardens advertising their plant sales.

Usually cheap with a good range of plants - and you can generally get top notch advice and you'll be supporting these community focussed groups as well.

win, win and more win. :-)

I'm biased as I sometimes volunteer at the Walled Garden, but agree local societies are great for a friendly chat and walk around. Hillsborough Parks various user groups have grown, this Sunday they're having an open day event

https://www.facebook.com/FoHPark2016/photos/gm.566695967045425/1664670726943059/?type=3&theater

Last year I got most of mine at the Hillsborough Walled garden and a few from the Hagg Hill allotments,, they did so well, I split my plants from last years walled garden and have enough to planted my elderly niebhours garden with the surplus.

I'll get some geranium, tomatoe and courgette plants in a month after the last frost.