Where do you buy your plants?

We have been looking to buy a few plants for our rockery, but crikey me, some places do not know what to charge, where do you go for a bargain?

I sell a few plants from home. Do you have particular plants in mind?

I sell a few plants from home. Do you have particular plants in mind?

Hiya Jan, we needed a few small conifers for the back of the rockery, we have just bought those, now we are looking for one or two small shrubs that dont grow more than 18inches, something with a coloured leaf, we saw a hebe with red leaves, it was called either heartbreaker or Alamy.

we are going to try a couple of different garden centres near us later, see if they are more reasonable.

PM me if you have anything suitable

Don't visit any of the chain garden centres if you want a bargain. Loxley Nurseries grow most (but not all)of their own plants and are much more reasonably priced than the chains.

http://www.loxleynurseries.com/our-cafe/

If you search this section I have asked about other independent nurseries. Other suggestions on there.

Don't visit any of the chain garden centres if you want a bargain. Loxley Nurseries grow most (but not all)of their own plants and are much more reasonably priced than the chains.

http://www.loxleynurseries.com/our-cafe/

If you search this section I have asked about other independent nurseries. Other suggestions on there.

Thanks Chez2, we are just about sorted now for our plants, but i will certainly bear them in mind for the future

Hi

Watch the forum for the allotment and similar societies and the botanical gardens advertising their plant sales.

Usually cheap with a good range of plants - and you can generally get top notch advice and you'll be supporting these community focussed groups as well.

win, win and more win. :-)

Hi

Watch the forum for the allotment and similar societies advertising their plant sales.

Usually cheap with a good range of plants - and you can generally get top notch advice too.

Thanks Parvo i will

Sorry i don't have any small shrubs that would be suitable.

Sorry i don't have any small shrubs that would be suitable.

Hi Jan, you dont have any Hebe's at all do you?

Sorry, i haven't.

Thanks Chez2, we are just about sorted now for our plants, but i will certainly bear them in mind for the future

You asked and answered on the same day. Shrubs are plants too or had you gone out during the day you posted and found what you wanted? If not, Braithwell Nursery has some nice pink hebes that stay small. I know its near Maltby, Rotherham not Sheffield. They are good for prices and unusual plants. The guy who runs it is very knowledgeable but a bit outspoken. Take cash and wear sturdy footwear as its an old fashioned nursery.

Moonbird - see above. Not sure if the OP banjodeano wanted hebes or just any small shrub. You specifically asked for hebes.

You asked and answered on the same day. Shrubs are plants too or had you gone out during the day you posted and found what you wanted? If not, Braithwell Nursery has some nice pink hebes that stay small. I know its near Maltby, Rotherham not Sheffield. They are good for prices and unusual plants. The guy who runs it is very knowledgeable but a bit outspoken. Take cash and wear sturdy footwear as its an old fashioned nursery.

Moonbird - see above. Not sure if the OP banjodeano wanted hebes or just any small shrub. You specifically asked for hebes.

Sorry I was inpatient, I couldn't wait to fill the rockery that I had just made, I bought some small conifers for the back, some small hebes for the middle, and some very small plants for the front