Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday 02/04/18

That Bannan penalty incident?

It makes no difference now but I'm convinced Bazza didn't touch the Geezer. Look at it carefully and Bazza never went for the ball, he never intended to. He did parallel slide the run to block the cross as it came in. He slid further than a 'tackling slide' would have been as the attacker wanted to take it a couple of feet further. Watch carefully and the attacker diverts his left boot out left very sneakily. His boot touches Bazza's leg and he went down. If the attacker didn't 'kick out', he, the ball and Bannan would have just gone out of play with no contact whatsoever.

No penalty and a great decision by the Referee.

I didn't think it was at the time but would like to see a replay.

Is there only me getting a bit concerned with Wildsmith's performances?

I've watched the extended highlights and I have to say he's bothering me a bit.

McGeady's free kick (4m 9secs on the video) from 19 yards came at him like a 15 mile an hour balloon, and he fists it away like it's the save of the century and he's risked life and limb to get his body in the way of it!!! A 5 year old girl could have caught it!!

Absolutely shocking reaction to what was a shocking free kick.

Looking 'spectacular' and making gaffs like this isn't going to win us many games, is not going to help our defenders (who need a steady 'keeper behind them at the moment, 'cause we're far from watertight) and will not give the defenders much confidence in the lad. I know he's still young, but trying to be a film star is not going to help him in his development.

Following my last criticism of him recently for not coming off his line for a cross that was on the 6 yard line, Joe is giving me the eeby jeebies.

I was super confident with him 10 games ago, but I'm now really getting the jitters.

I'd honestly play Dawson on Saturday, or bring back Westwood. After saying that, Westwood was very poor early season, none more so than against United at Hillsborough. If he's fit and back to his best, then maybe it's time for him to return?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

McGeady's free kick (4m 9secs on the video) from 19 yards came at him like a 15 mile an hour balloon, and he fists it away like it's the save of the century and he's risked life and limb to get his body in the way of it!!! A 5 year old girl could have caught it!!

Looking 'spectacular' and making gaffs like this isn't going to win us many games, is not going to help our defenders (who need a steady 'keeper behind them at the moment, 'cause we're far from watertight) and will not give the defenders much confidence in the lad. I know he's still young, but trying to be a film star is not going to help him in his development.

Following my last criticism of him recently for not coming off his line for a cross that was on the 6 yard line, Joe is giving me the eeby jeebies.

I was super confident with him 10 games ago, but I'm now really getting the jitters.

I'd honestly play Dawson on Saturday, or bring back Westwood. After saying that, Westwood was very poor early season, none more so than against United at Hillsborough. If he's fit and back to his best, then maybe it's time for him to return?

I would put it down to being young and inconsistent. He has had some very good games and saved us more than once, get Westie back and let the other two battle it out for a place on the bench. Having said that it,s been all downhill in that department since 1967.:hihi::hihi:

I'm not too concerned....yet, he made a very good save in the 2nd half and has kept us in some games, a fully fit Westwood is probably the best keeper in the division but his form before his current lay off was (as you say) poor.

I would put it down to being young and inconsistent. He has had some very good games and saved us more than once, get Westie back and let the other two battle it out for a place on the bench. Having said that it,s been all downhill in that department since 1967.:hihi::hihi:

In my opinion, the best 'keeper who's ever lived.

R.I.P. Ron...........

In my opinion, the best 'keeper who's ever lived.

R.I.P. Ron...........

Certainly better than that clown they had at the lane many years back.

worst goalie I"ve ever seen, think they called him john hope.

Yep, Hope was poor, but United have had some crackin' 'keepers over the years.

Some very good 'keepers.

Yep, Hope was poor, but United have had some crackin' 'keepers over the years.

Some very good 'keepers.

I remember him, did they not change the telephone number to 5-1, 5-1, 5-0 after a bad run of defeats.:hihi: