Youtuber Patrick Dickinson

That's one interesting fellah, well done, well worth watching.

Angel1.

Just seen his latest "The Breech". Very entertaining, but I think (well I hope) he means breach!

😂

The breach!

just down the road from were I live ,never heard of it before very interesting.

8 hours ago, choogling said:

just down the road from were I live ,never heard of it before very interesting.

Yes me too.

I enjoy his films.

If not mentioned here, I wouldn't have seen it. I usually get an email to subscribed people, so used to get an email when he posted new. I think I changed my settings as got too many emails when adding people (though only about 50), but not sure how to set different setttings for different things, so easier to turn all off.

Edited by *_ash_*

On 14/02/2019 at 09:36, Padders said:

OK! I'm late to the party :blush:.

What a Guy :thumbsup:.

I've just overdosed on Patrick's adventures.

Good news, although as of the 13th of October Patrick is taking a break from filming for a couple of months, he's still with us ✔️

I'm sure I have seen him, but seeing someone in 'waders' is hardly 'unusual' for the many eccentric's Sheffield has produced over the years.

Loved the 'river walking' videos. Ringinglow, Porter Clough and the whole 'Forge Dam' Wire Mill Dam, Whiteley Woods, Bingingham Park & Endcliffe Woods. Me & my Brother would have either cycled (before we found the delights of Motorcycling) up through the woods or up to Ringinglow before making the round trip back to Highfields, so know the area well. Happy Daze.

We have done the 'Culverts' from where Patrick goes in at Endcliffe Park, but a lot of it has changed especially around Napier St / Stalker Lee's.

We didn't go much further than St Marys Gate (It hadn't been altered back then).

See the source image

Anyone recognise the square building to the left? The Culvert ran directly under this building & exited at the improved (Staggered)Concrete Culvert's seen in this picture.

We only went a little further to where the old Culverts start again as seen in Patricks video. 

Patrick's 'Pub Crawl's' apart from Porter Brook & the Beer House the rest we know well. Lescar, comedy nights, Broadfield, underage at the 3 merry lads etc, etc, etc.

The white building is the Toyota Garage.

Toyota Crown estate - weren't they an impressive looking motor for their time?

Keep safe 8).

I haven't finished yet :lol:.

In the 'Wire Mill Dam' part of Patrick's filming, he mentions how many years ago the place would be full of people sailing their boats.

Sailing boats, radio controlled boats, model Battleships etc, etc.

When me and my Brother were much younger we were watching the boats when some Kn*b head (Yeh we had them even back then) slams his radio controlled boat into some guy's Intricately made Battleship.

Cut the story short (who said Hurrah?) some lad swam down retrieved the boat, words were exchanged with the two boat owners (How could the guy with the Battleship tell the other guy hadn't a father )

So many years later, our kid is introduced to his future Father in law, yep you got it - the same guy who's battleship it was 😲.

I love Patrick Dickinson,

Spent many an hour with him in his Pub Shed  (via u-tube)

His wild camping over looking the old Woodbank brick works on Chesterfield  Rd. brings back childhood memories of doing the same ,we must have been mad.  

The Barnsdale Tunnel seen in one of his videos I explored years ago.

I was recovering a vehicle from the Shell garage on the A1 (Upton) & my mate says "follow me".

Next thing we're hopping over the fence bang next to the motor way and making our way down the embankment (t'other end from where Patrick climbs over the fence with the ladder) the contrast of temperatures from how hot it was that day and how chillingly cold it was, was welcome.

Our favourite river walk / bolder hopping was starting at Wyming brook and ending at Rivelin Dam (Norfolk Arms :lol:).

I love Patrick Dickinson - he is a very entertaining YouTuber.

His ShedPub has inspired me to build one too 🙂

I have watched his video's a lot and was impressed with his electrical knowledge on building his pub shed he was obviously an electrician in his youth.

Glad to see he is mentioned on here as he is a motivator in his own right and quite entertaining.

Looks like we won't see him until December

49 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

I have watched his video's a lot and was impressed with his electrical knowledge on building his pub shed he was obviously an electrician in his youth.

Glad to see he is mentioned on here as he is a motivator in his own right and quite entertaining.

Looks like we won't see him until December

A bit more than his youth. He was with YEB for 40 years.