1980s sheffield

Interesting video of 1980s sheffield, including the Stonehouse, Orchard Square, Fargate and surrounding areas, then Hillsborough and Stannington

when they came out of Orchard square and went straight, then down, then back across onto fargate to WH smiths i thought they where heading straight back to orchard square lol, was gonna mention it on the comments, but then they went down fargate next

Great cheesy 80s soundtrack and fashion too

Really enjoyed that (soundtrack & dodgy bleached jean rear shots aside)

took me right back to my youth

a drive past the Wednesday ground as it used to be... not that much different to how it is now except the paint looked fresher!

Towards the end when they drove up Stannington Road, gutted when they turned off up Wood Lane... (I used to live further up) even more gutted when they turned onto the Marchwood estate.. (my dad used to live further up!)

but that said, great for the reminiscence

a drive past the Wednesday ground as it used to be... not that much different to how it is now except the paint looked fresher!

Towards the end when they drove up Stannington Road, gutted when they turned off up Wood Lane... (I used to live further up) even more gutted when they turned onto the Marchwood estate.. (my dad used to live further up!)

i turned it off before the stanington bit i dont know that far lol

you didn't see the Stanno bit? you've missed the best bit Mel... chortle

as a young man (!) I used to frequent those side roads round the Wednesday ground, probably a few years before that though, we used to go in Stands and after a kids-skin-full of snakebite we'd head for the chippy on Leppings lane, and some of the lads (not me of course) used to think it was amusing to walk over the top of some of the parked cars on that side street...

you didn't see the Stanno bit? you've missed the best bit Mel... chortle

as a young man (!) I used to frequent those side roads round the Wednesday ground, probably a few years before that though, we used to go in Stands and after a kids-skin-full of snakebite we'd head for the chippy on Leppings lane, and some of the lads (not me of course) used to think it was amusing to walk over the top of some of the parked cars on that side street...

Been to actual Hillsbrough but i dont think no further, tell a lie i went to mi mates at Chapletown once, i came from tother side of town tho (woodhouse, darnall, hackenthorpe, city road)

coincidently, I live at chapeltown now... hence the s35 part of my user name...

Interesting video of 1980s sheffield, including the Stonehouse, Orchard Square, Fargate and surrounding areas, then Hillsborough and Stannington

when they came out of Orchard square and went straight, then down, then back across onto fargate to WH smiths i thought they where heading straight back to orchard square lol, was gonna mention it on the comments, but then they went down fargate next

Great cheesy 80s soundtrack and fashion too

Thats some special camera work. I feel a bit seasick.:hihi:

Loved the early 80s so enjoyed watching the film. It seemed funny not seeing the trams at Hillsborough.

depends how long they were in the stonehouse lol

---------- Post added 30-03-2018 at 17:54 ----------

80s Stannington road trip

A Handmade Films Production, no doubt.:D

another great film, that's even more my old stomping ground this one...

was gutted (again) the footage didn't actually reach Bradfield, was hoping it would go past my granddad's farm, bang next door to the brewery...

cheers mel...

keep em coming

Spent many happy hours in the nightclubs in Sheffield in the 80s, remember a pub called The Stonehouse