They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

whats the big deal, they are just friendship bracelets, yo-yo's, little bouncy balls on an elastic with a ring for your finger and cocoa cola mini footballs for big kids that don't have anything 'cool' to buy anymore :D

Respect is earned not granted willy nilly.

NM

Not to worry Nicholarse (appropriate username, BTW!), I doubt that many people on this Forum will trouble themselves trying to earn the respect of someone who has aired such mean views in such an agressive way!

What a party pooper you are! Okay, flying the England flag is a little tacky, but I think it's lovely to see people showing a bit of pride without being afraid of the PC brigade and getting behind our national team. I really don't think this is a racist issue - I live in a hugely multicultural part of the country and I've seen little England flags flying on the cars of people of all creeds and colours. I think it's really lovely that so many people are uniting and showing solidarity for a common cause, even if it is just 11 men running around on a football pitch. I can only conclude from the comment on your blog that you'd like to see England disqualified as soon as possible that you must be a very mean-spirited person. Why else would you take joy in the disapointment of so many of your fellow countrymen (and women)?

And as for your chuntering about the dangers of flying these little plastic flags... You don't really believe that do you? We've been flying flags like this during international football tournaments for years, and I've yet to see a 'FREAK FLAG DEATH' headline. Okay, so it's not impossible. But only in the same way that it's not impossible to get your shoelace stuck in an escalator or win the lottery. Can we assume that you are against the red noses that people put on their cars in aid of Comic Relief? Because one of those could shatter a windscreen at 70mph, or knock a cyclist out cold! :rolleyes:

I'd like to applaud Live Forever, and everyone else who have posted such entertaining replies on this thread. I guess Nicholarse clearly made a mistake by claiming to be in the majority of intelligent thinkers. To my mind it seems pretty stupid to be wasting so much energy getting worked up over such a silly thing, when there are much heavier issues like peace, poverty, hunger and animal cruelty in the world.

I agree with the point someone else made about litter, and I'd like to urge all flag users to secure their flags tightly to their cars, and dispose of them responsibly once the footie has finished.

I can't wait to attatch my two little flags to my car next week. I won't make any comment about my education, seen as having a degree has already been viewed with distain (sooooo last season dahling!), but I'm a sensible driver with no points, and I intend to enjoy the fun of the world cup while it lasts, and save my concerns for bigger issues like giving to charity and worrying about global warming.

Come on England! And sod the party poopers! :banana: :banana: :banana:

that comments a bit 'troll-like' ;):D

It got treat with the contempt it deserved aswell ! :thumbsup:

I'm off now to buy a flag for my Robin Reliant super sport, apparently it aids with stability

We should have warnings up on certain posters.

"Don't feed the troll".

I'm relieved that somebody has finally said it. I've just been reading through this thread for the first time, and as I read each page I couldn't believe that nobody had pointed out yet that this guy is a troll.

SheffieldForum, you should be ashamed of yourselves for taking six pages to spot a troll! It's not as if other trolls don't post on here regularly. Bartfarst was only banned last week!

Nicholarse has a habit of trolling, presumably to find out what inane clap trap will get a good response on his radio show (assuming that i'm correct in who I think he is).

nick, you said "that's up to you. It's still a free country."

well said.

which part of the statement says what people should or should not be able to do within the law ?

Has anybody else seen the really old man who bombs round Abbeydale Road/Woodseats in a mobility carriage with a huge pirate flag hanging off the back? He's a seriously cool old man.

:cool:

We wouldn't want him getting booked, would we? :(

So youre saying that they dont ever fall off cars? Because they do. And if one were to fall off whilst I was riding behind it, theres a very good chance it could hit me, and either partially or completely block my vision, thus increasing the chances of an accident. Ever tried riding a motorbike with your eyes shut?

Yes they do fall of cars ,no i don't think it would fly up and hit you in the face

but if it concerns you that much my advise would be not to ride so close to a car with flags problem solved.

Nicholarse has a habit of trolling, presumably to find out what inane clap trap will get a good response on his radio show (assuming that i'm correct in who I think he is).

Sounds about right my Friend hate his radio show ,and he ain't got no talent either.

We should have warnings up on certain posters.

"Don't feed the troll".

In what way am I a troll?

I'm an active long term member of this forum and I'm using it to suggest a change in the local laws.

I've outlined why these things are a hazard and a pain as have other posters.

That comment more than any of the others on here clearly nails the non thinking knee jerk reaction to this problem which annoys me so much.

It's got nothing to do with patriotism, as previous posters have pointed out. None of these cars are made in Britain. It's a curious form of patriotism which involves leaving litter around and acting like a moron.

NM

don't worry this flag waving will be over by the end of july.lol.

To be honest, whats the big deal,if people want to demonstrate their patriotism by attaching flags on their cars.

I am a typical 'immigrant' yet i have got an england footie shirt.Blimey.Some people here ought to show their love for their country