They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

I suppose there's a sort of poetry/irony to the fact that supporting your country so often walks hand in hand with stupidity.

1st world war. What was that about? Killing people in the name of the flag.

Sticking stupid flags on vehicles which travel at 70mph. What's that about?

NM

What is your post actually about ,and what has the war thing got to do with it.

What? Read the string before you post!

It's DANGEROUS!

NM

Crossing the road is dangerous, lets ban that aswel while were at it!

I suppose there's a sort of poetry/irony to the fact that supporting your country so often walks hand in hand with stupidity.

1st world war. What was that about? Killing people in the name of the flag.

Sticking stupid flags on vehicles which travel at 70mph. What's that about?

NM

Loony lefty! Lets toss off our sense of identity, whilst all the ethinc minorities instill a sense of theirs (not opposed to that by the way!) but if it's english it must be s**t right? Thank god for football as it's the only thing thats bought out any sense of patriotism recently!

Suppose your opposed to the Royal Family too huh?

Loony lefty! Lets toss off our sense of identity, whilst all the ethinc minorities instill a sense of theirs (not opposed to that by the way!) but if it's english it must be s**t right? Thank god for football as it's the only thing thats bought out any sense of patriotism recently!

Suppose your opposed to the Royal Family too huh?

You're entitled to dislike the Royal Family mate, that's upto you. It's still a free country.

This has nothing to do with your outdated left wing or right wing politics of the old order. Get out of that mindset and wake up! It's only there to maintain the current political system. Nothing more. It doesn't help debate.

My sense of identity comes from more than a flag and a badge which tells me if I'm left-wing or right-wing. You know where those terms come from? Which side of the monarch you sit at. Which side of the ruler you are placed. That image alone should show you that it is not the lexicon of someone who understands how DEMOCRATIC decisions are made.

Waving a flag round in the street is in my opinion not a very English thing to do.

Causing accidents on the roads is even less English.

NM

Waving a flag round in the street is in my opinion not a very English thing to do.

NM

.... :huh:

My friend sent me this, I thought I'd share it :D

DfT Information Release

Monday, 22 May 2006

Due to declining driving standards in England, the Department for Transport has devised a new scheme in order to identify poor drivers and give good drivers the opportunity to recognise them whilst driving. For this reason as from the middle of May 2006 those drivers who are found to be driving badly which includes...

· Hogging the middle lane of motorways

· Hogging the outside lane of motorways

· Overtaking in dangerous places

· Hovering within one inch of the car in front

· Stopping sharply

· Speeding in residential areas

· Pulling out without indication

· Performing U turns inappropriately in busy high streets

· Taking up more than one lane in multi lane roads

· Not indicating

...will be required to display a flag, white with a red cross, signifying their inability to drive properly. These flags must be clipped to a door of the car and be visible to all other drivers and pedestrians.

Those drivers who have shown particularly poor driving skills will be required to display a flag on each side of the car to indicate their greater lack of skill and general lower intelligence mindset compared to the general public. A flag hanging outside a house will indicate that a whole family suffers from this unfortunate condition.

Please pass this on to as many other motorists as you can so that drivers and pedestrians will be aware of the meaning of these flags.

Well it made me laugh :hihi:

.... :huh:

I couldn't sum up the mentality of the people who stick these silly flags on their cars better than the above quote.

Problem is, you can't afford to have that non-thinking attitude on the roads.

NM

You're entitled to dislike the Royal Family mate, that's upto you. It's still a free country.

This has nothing to do with your outdated left wing or right wing politics of the old order. Get out of that mindset and wake up! It's only there to maintain the current political system. Nothing more. It doesn't help debate.

My sense of identity comes from more than a flag and a badge which tells me if I'm left-wing or right-wing. You know where those terms come from? Which side of the monarch you sit at. Which side of the ruler you are placed. That image alone should show you that it is not the lexicon of someone who understands how DEMOCRATIC decisions are made.

NM

Respect what your saying, and appreciate it takes more to give someone a sense of national identity.. Just think it's nice to celebrate our identity in a light hearted manner, show some patriotism and pride, get behind a team that represents England, though I suppose it helps if you like Football, but even if not, does the atmosphere generated by such events count for nothing?

Problem is, you can't afford to have that non-thinking attitude on the roads.

NM

very true, but dont take it out on the poor ickle flags! :(

My friend sent me this, I thought I'd share it :D

DfT Information Release

Monday, 22 May 2006

Due to declining driving standards in England, the Department for Transport has devised a new scheme in order to identify poor drivers and give good drivers the opportunity to recognise them whilst driving. For this reason as from the middle of May 2006 those drivers who are found to be driving badly which includes...

· Hogging the middle lane of motorways

· Hogging the outside lane of motorways

· Overtaking in dangerous places

· Hovering within one inch of the car in front

· Stopping sharply

· Speeding in residential areas

· Pulling out without indication

· Performing U turns inappropriately in busy high streets

· Taking up more than one lane in multi lane roads

· Not indicating

...will be required to display a flag, white with a red cross, signifying their inability to drive properly. These flags must be clipped to a door of the car and be visible to all other drivers and pedestrians.

Those drivers who have shown particularly poor driving skills will be required to display a flag on each side of the car to indicate their greater lack of skill and general lower intelligence mindset compared to the general public. A flag hanging outside a house will indicate that a whole family suffers from this unfortunate condition.

Please pass this on to as many other motorists as you can so that drivers and pedestrians will be aware of the meaning of these flags.

Well it made me laugh :hihi:

Funny that the complete c**ks that are opposed to flags are the ones taking swipes, joking and takin the ***** in general!

I think it's down to common sense. Although I wouldn't use one on a motorway I do have two on the wifes car for the little lad. He loves them and also supports the up coming tournament.

I have already lost one to an idiot who ran out on Saturday at a set of Lights near the Northern General and pulled it of the window, lucky for him the window didn't give out before the plastic did.

I think NicolARSE needs to respect what other people wish to do with their money and their cars and if you want to start banning things, join the Labour Party !

I was going to put a post on asking what was funniest thread every seen on the forum ,won't bother now.