They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

I agree that they should be much more securely fixed - if one comes off on the motorway and sticks to someone's windscreen that's very dangerous. But I don't find the flag-flying inherently stupid. If it makes the George Cross a normal symbol of the people again, taking it back from the far right, I'm all for it.

Grumpy old man syndrome. Why does it bother you that people are patriotic. Do you have / have you had wheel trims ??? They could have fallen off. Have a hanging air freshener???? Could block your view. Changed tape/cd while driving??? Could have caused an accident. Stop moaning and let people represent their country if they wish.

ps. Its only gonna get worse!!!!!!!!!

:banana::clap::banana: COME ON ENG-ER-LAND:banana: :clap::banana:

?

These flags send people to war without good reason.

NM

Now you're just being daft.

Majority behind you???? Not seen one

I agree. What happens when one of them comes off a car, gets blown in front of my helmet, and I crash my motorbike into a crowd of schoolkids and mothers crossing the road? Theyre not only a hazard, they look crap. Ive also noticed that 99% of cars that fly them have crap drivers behind the wheel. I followed an Audi A8 along from Meadowhall to Attercliffe tonight who had 4 flying. Couldnt make his mind up which lane he wanted, never indicated, and had a brake light out.

You don't know me so i won't support your idea .It's petty anyway if some one wants to put a flag on to their car so what .There not exactly a danger to any-one ,as for the ones falling of the cars there are more fag ends ,sweet wrappers and god knows what on the streets a few flags don't make any difference.

Whoops, theres one

I suppose there's a sort of poetry/irony to the fact that supporting your country so often walks hand in hand with stupidity.

1st world war. What was that about? Killing people in the name of the flag.

Sticking stupid flags on vehicles which travel at 70mph. What's that about?

NM

when they fall off they cause rubbish on the curbside, which SOMEONE has to pick up - people should use common sense!

Simply pathetic!

Why are you so bothered? Have you nothing better to do than moan about what someone else has on their car?? :loopy:

I agree. What happens when one of them comes off a car, gets blown in front of my helmet, and I crash my motorbike into a crowd of schoolkids and mothers crossing the road? Theyre not only a hazard, they look crap. Ive also noticed that 99% of cars that fly them have crap drivers behind the wheel. I followed an Audi A8 along from Meadowhall to Attercliffe tonight who had 4 flying. Couldnt make his mind up which lane he wanted, never indicated, and had a brake light out.

There is more chance of a flying pig falling from the sky than what you are saying actually happening .Your persecuting a poor flag that has done you no harm YET:huh:

Why are you so bothered? Have you nothing better to do than moan about what someone else has on their car?? :loopy:

What? Read the string before you post!

It's DANGEROUS!

NM