They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

Can I ask all car flag owners to get rid of them as soon as England go out? Once England have been kicked out, I absolutely hate seeing the flags up, and some people have them up for months afterwards for some bizarre reason. When it gets to the point that the team are on the plane home, there's nothing I want to see less than a ruddy England flag, they should all be ripped apart and given Viking funerals.

er...yes it is! we're always in the World Cup

No we're not. Was it 1990 or '94 that everyone in the country suddenly had to pretend they were Irish...

Hi there - I'm from BBC Radio Sheffield and would be interested in doing a story on people's irritation with England flags on cars. Would you be willing to speak to us about your views? Give me a ring today on 0114 267 5440 and ask for Trudi if you can help.

Maybe everyone who doesn't care should give you a call?

It'd be a less interesting news story, but more accurate.

"Today I've interview many people from Sheffield, and the conclusion i've drawn? 9 out of 10 people don't care about flags on cars one way or the other. This is me reporting for BBC Sheffield, on a slow news day, goodnight."

No we're not. Was it 1990 or '94 that everyone in the country suddenly had to pretend they were Irish...

Gah! Purdyamos - You have unmasked me and revealed to the world that I am a rubbish bloke with no knowledge of the, ahem, "Beautiful Game". :cool:

we live in a world where ppl have choices so it is ur own choice if u want flags on your cars, flags from ur house window or if u wear an england shirt,... i dont think ne one has a rite to ban flags its personal choice!!!!

i remember that...USA 94 - Roy Houghton suddenly became a national hero!!:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

spose they were managed by jack charlton, but i didnt support eire...

Well you can't know many people then NicholARSE, lighten up matey the World Cup only comes round every 4 years so let people enjoy themselves ya miserable devil.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Hi there - I'm from BBC Radio Sheffield and would be interested in doing a story on people's irritation with England flags on cars. Would you be willing to speak to us about your views? Give me a ring today on 0114 267 5440 and ask for Trudi if you can help.

I've been told to stop ringing Radio Sheffield.

;)

NM

As a horse owner I read this particular story with interest (football flags scare horses - in case anyone can't be bothered to open the link!).

(...)

On the flag issue though - I would argue that if you are driving past a horse and your flag is flapping in the breeze, then you are driving TOO FAST.

Oops! You changed your tune a bit. Looks like I might have a point. Either that or you've stopped being patriotic.

NM

in what is the biggest sports tornament in the world, you are asking to ban the flags - u r a tit mate, no offense,

I'm quite obviously not literally a tit. You mean that metaphorically.

You however quite clearly are a bit stupid. I mean that literally.

Lets try and stick to honest debate and steer clear from agressive insults shall we? I know it's football and that our football fans are famous the world over for their short tempers but I'm sure we can manage it just this once.

NM

I can assure you that I don't smoke, and the Tour De France has a massive worldwide audience every single year, even though we only get brief highlights in this country.

Fishing is the biggest competitive sport in this country. You don't see many blokes at 70 in goal. Think about it. Most ameteur football players only play for 20 years maximum. Whereas you can enjoy fishing at a reasonably competitive level into old age. And there are 3 fishing tackle shops in this city for every one that sells footballs.

This is a very valid point. It annoys me that football fans live under the delusion that their sport is in some way universally popular. It's not. It just hits an important demographic and is therefore relevant to big businesses who want to make lots of money out of passive consumers.

NM

By displaying tacky flags made in China, whilst driving around in their German/Japanese/Korean cars?

So what car do you drive then.