They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

Hi there - I'm from BBC Radio Sheffield and would be interested in doing a story on people's irritation with England flags on cars. Would you be willing to speak to us about your views? Give me a ring today on 0114 267 5440 and ask for Trudi if you can help.

I have to say that I think these flags are crap and displayed by morons rather than patriotic people. I must also say that cars are required to drive on the road, horses should stick to the bloody fields where they belong!

Well said mate.

But seriously, I am extra careful when I go past them on the motorcycle as the (standard I might add) exhaust could easily startle the beast and send the rider into the stratosphere.

I would have to say that I am not interested in football. but the reason is, I find the way the fans, and some of the players react utterly childish and I stopped accompanying my family to occasional premiership matches nearly 10 years ago.

How anyone could say that I am failing to be patriotic by not carrying a nasty cheap flag on my car, quite clearly shows how lacking in sense they are.

I am happy to be patriotic by behaving myself in front of foreigners and Britons when I am abroad and speaking their languages and trying their foods whenever possible. By being moved to tears when the English cricket team win the ashes, and having a fondness for the music of Edward Elgar, the antics of Vivian Stanshall, an appreciation of the Queen, and a general dislike of Americans, but like most people find individual Americans quite nice chaps when I meet them in the flesh.

I don't like stickers or flags on cars because I consider them to be tacky and distracting, and reject the concept of the Patron saint "St. George" because he wasn't english and never even set foot in England, or as far as anyone knows had anything at all to do with England.

in what is the biggest sports tornament in the world, you are asking to ban the flags - u r a tit mate, no offense, but it is these sorts of competitions that bring the nation together - which is what we need from time to time - i have a flag on my car and every time i see someone else with one on, i give em a little beep, and shack my fist knowing that they are going to do the same with the excitement of the world cup, starting next week!

this thread is almost as stupid as the one about england flags being racist!

I think that the olympics is the biggest sports tournament in the world and more people watch the Tour De France every year than tune into the football world cup.

The biggest competetive sport in Britain by miles is Fishing. I think you are rather exaggerating the importance of the world cup. Yes for a week about 30% of all the men in England will tune into it, but the rest won't.

i give em a little beep, and shack my fist

Well if you beep your horn in some parts of town you will sound like you are communicating with morse code. That is of course illegal, and you should get points on your license.

As for shack your wrist.. Yes sounds about right, especially if you correct your spelling mistake.

please tell me you are joking?? you think that the tour de fance or, ahem..."fishing" is bigger than the world cup??? what on earth are you smoking? can i have some?!!:hihi:

please tell me you are joking?? you think that the tour de fance or, ahem..."fishing" is bigger than the world cup??? what on earth are you smoking? can i have some?!!:hihi:

I can assure you that I don't smoke, and the Tour De France has a massive worldwide audience every single year, even though we only get brief highlights in this country.

Fishing is the biggest competitive sport in this country. You don't see many blokes at 70 in goal. Think about it. Most ameteur football players only play for 20 years maximum. Whereas you can enjoy fishing at a reasonably competitive level into old age. And there are 3 fishing tackle shops in this city for every one that sells footballs.

shake....appologies you boring pedantic tit

are you appologising and abusing someone in the same sentence, or did I misunderstand?

Hi there - I'm from BBC Radio Sheffield and would be interested in doing a story on people's irritation with England flags on cars. Would you be willing to speak to us about your views? Give me a ring today on 0114 267 5440 and ask for Trudi if you can help.

there we go, someone with nothing better to do.

why not report on "news" that really matters than these pillocks who dont like flags. jeesus.

granted not everyone is going to want to have flags out of windows and some people may want to get them removed but at the end of the day its not every time we get to see our boys play in world cup! i for one will be supporting the lads every step of the way and the more england flags the better!!!!:love:

its not every time we get to see our boys play in world cup!

er...yes it is! we're always in the World Cup

just not for very long ;)

there we go, someone with nothing better to do.

why not report on "news" that really matters than these pillocks who dont like flags. jeesus.

because people want to hear about this so its likely to attract viewers? Theres 10 pages of this already!!