They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

?

Could you refrain from flaming me without due reason.

The majority of thinking people are behind me on this one here. No need for you to launch unprovoked attacks.

I've got a mate who rides a pushbike. How does it give him a sense of belonging when one of these daft things knocks him off it?

It's one thing to support your country or whatever. It's quite another to behave like an ar#e.

These flags send people to war without good reason. No need for us to further sully their image by making them into a road hazard.

NM

bloody idiot, no national pride, go back to scotland.:thumbsup:

i've done well over 90 and my flags stayed on!

i suggest NicolARSE uses his pensioners bus pass in the next few weeks!!

I don't mind all the silly flags at least you can see all the thick people coming. They work better than the "baby on board" signs because you can see them better from all around, even when you are in front of the vehicle.

I imagine that the flags say "Dunce" or "I'm Stupid" and if you do too, you will find them as amusing as I do.

I don't mind all the silly flags at least you can see all the thick people coming. They work better than the "baby on board" signs because you can see them better from all around, even when you are in front of the vehicle.

I imagine that the flags say "Dunce" or "I'm Stupid" and if you do too, you will find them as amusing as I do.

so flying the flag makes me thick?

some would say Racist too, but i'm neither. The Welsh, Scots & Irish are all proud peoples. I'm proud to be Britsh, and it's the world cup too. I dont usually have flags or follow football, just supporting my country.

what you'll find is that all the people who bring down Britain or have no support are the the ones ripping us off, you know the tax dodgers,benefit cheats or robbers, slackers etc.

grow up you miserable sods.

Why do you presume that all the people that buy flags are thick ,I think your

statement is unfair and biased .Those people that do buy the flags not only

show support for the national team but there also supporting local businesses from who they buy the flags from nothing wrong with that .

My friend sent me this, I thought I'd share it :D

DfT Information Release

Monday, 22 May 2006

Due to declining driving standards in England, the Department for Transport has devised a new scheme in order to identify poor drivers and give good drivers the opportunity to recognise them whilst driving. For this reason as from the middle of May 2006 those drivers who are found to be driving badly which includes...

The ticket which has been doing the rounds on the forums :D Apparently people have been printing them off and sticking them on their mates' cars.

I think they're really tacky myself and I am a football fan, but not an En-ger-land fan who suddenly discovers football when an international tournament comes along. I don't associate myself with the England team at all and will support any team which has a Blade in it (Northern Ireland are my chosen team at the moment, and they're that good that can't even be bothered with the World Cup ;))

Back to the flags - Scallies are using them to break into your car and we had to dodge numerous discarded ones on the motorway the other day.

Not like England are gonna win the World Cup anyway... ;)

we had to dodge numerous discarded ones on the motorway the other day.

Chinese tat. :razz:

Let's stay off the personal abuse please folks. Thanks. :)

Let's stay off the personal abuse please folks. Thanks. :)

I agree, let's keep on topic!

How about a compromise- by all means display the flags but only when the car is stationary, for example pop them out when stopped at traffic lights and whip them back in again when the lights turn green.

This should please everybody, win-win situation...

I totally agree with what you are saying nich, i mean it could hinder other motorists who might be involved in an accident with the distraction of some silly flag, i mean come on we are all proud patrons of this wonderful country whilst there are international football matches taking play for 4 weeks every 4 years, i feel for anyone who isn't a keen football fan and the media hype up the team as if they are world beaters, (Engerland expects) what a load of tosh and who cares?

I got far more pleasure in seeing us beat the aussies last year than i will ever get seeing england win the world cup