They should change the local by-laws to ban flags on cars!

Must admit, it's not the greatest argument. Would like to think most of us have seen all sides to this issue.

There's a lack of thought behind the knee jerk "how dare you crticise this" argument which I think is apparent in some posters. Even though we've both got different opinions on it I think we'd agree there?

There's a lack of thought behind the knee jerk "how dare you crticise this" argument which I think is apparent in some posters. Even though we've both got different opinions on it I think we'd agree there?

Definitely! When I think about it, and the main argument I've been embroiled in, the main consequence is litter. Would be perfectly behind a scheme where people who bought the flags were encouraged to clean em up of the steets. Just not sure how you would implement it!

I never implied they were all hooligans. That's something from your world view. Interesting that you make the association though.

NM

Well so far you have called these motorists halfwits, idiots and arses, and you have questioned an individuals mental state..........

I dont think we need to ban the flags as it is a way of showing our support for our country during the football, and as its already been said it is only for a few weeks but I do think people who buy the flags need to be made more aware of the dangers they can cause for example - litter, danger to other motorists!

Thats my point!!! Your jump to that conclusion just because I want to put a flag up for 4 weeks. I do respect Sheffield and that comment has upset me!! I hate litter and do my bit. A few flags come out for the world cup, and a bit of litter. Thats how I see it! It's not all year round..

Maybe I don't do enough. I respect you for your voluntary work!

i didn't jumt to any conclusion, you said this:-

I pay more in tax than most of the smokers ans chavs that launch their crap on the floor so if I cause a flag to have to be picked up then so bloody be it! !

On what do you base that argument? The fact you were born here denotes a bias.

NM

yep..im definitely biased...and proud of it...god save england...and to hell with the wannabees

i didn't jumt to any conclusion, you said this:-

Out of pure frustration! Did we we get all this ******* and moaning after all the flags at the queens corenation or the jubilee?

Out of pure frustration! Did we we get all this ******* and moaning after all the flags at the queens corenation or the jubilee?
the royal family??/oh i dont think we should confuse patriotism with the biggest social security scroungers in england...i reckon her and her buffoon of a husband plus her big eared f.a.cup headed son and his two brat kids should be pensioned off to the isle of wight...and stop the ferry

yep..im definitely biased...and proud of it...god save england...and to hell with the wannabees

So you accept that your love of your country is irrational?

NM

From Nicholarse's Blog:

Driving into work today I see a baby faced girl of about 17 with a pink baseball cap on chewing gum and driving a car with two massive England flags pinned precariously to the doors. I've already made it clear that I hope England are disqualified from the world cup as soon as possible. I'm not sure if I've ever put into print how much flags in general annoy me....

Well perhaps you should old boy?

.... although I do agree with you on "What this generation needs......."

I wouldn't go as far as banning the flags, although I admit they do look tacky and they are likely to invalidate insurance claims. They will most probably be gone in a week or two anyway. :thumbsup: