What is Rotherham really like?

Can anyone give me an unbiased veiw of Rotherham?

I'm wanting to move there from Woodseats but don't which area to choose , are there any areas that are Woodseatsish?

Are Broom or Moorgate worth a look?: :confused:

I moved to Rotherham from Sheffield and I can tell you there are good bits (Broom & Moorgate are in that category) and rough bits, most people are ok but there are some nutters, etc. etc.

On the whole I think it's much the same as anywhere else in that respect.

is bramley in rotherham?

Yes, but there is also a Bramley in Leeds.

I moved to Rotherham from Sheffield and I can tell you there are good bits (Broom & Moorgate are in that category) and rough bits, most people are ok but there are some nutters, etc. etc.

On the whole I think it's much the same as anywhere else in that respect.

I am not originally from this area but having lived in Rotherham since the late eighties I think it is generally OK but would be a lot better if this youth nuisance was stopped in its tracks a good example is the bus station which in the evenings is more like a youth club and a place where folk are starting to avoid going into which is not right if these matters were addressed it would in the main be a nice friendly little town.

Yes Broom and Moorgate are nice enough, and have a good mix of people. Prices have shot up in recent years but have now stabilised.

Broom Valley is a bit rougher but still ok IMO

Yes Broom and Moorgate are nice enough, and have a good mix of people. Prices have shot up in recent years but have now stabilised.

Broom Valley is a bit rougher but still ok IMO

Can you recommend any nice pubs in these areas always an omportant consideration when buying a house i think :)

whats rotherham like you ask...ah ..i can help you here..its a cross between death and despondency :gag:

Rotherham is horrible. I was born and grew up in one of the suburbs and now live a lovely life in Nether Edge. Rotherham is very tribal, by that I mean not very well integrated. The town centre is a dive and the are a lot of rough places. Personally Moorgate and Broom are way too near the centre for comfort. I would not move back.

Bramley - think Pheonix nights - for most of Rotherham infact!

I can't say rotherham would ever appeal to me. Apart from the racial problems i always saw it as having more than a fair share of imbeciles for some reason. Moreover even at it's best life there would be very very "northern" and provincial- it would be a world part from the big city atmosphere and vibrancy of sheffield with it's preponderance of students and university workers. I would imagine that like doncaster it's not somewhere where you could get away with having purple hair or a bohemian dress sense etc

Hey ive just recently moved from rham to sheff but ive lived in moorgate all my life n i think its a pretty decent area. Moorgate is probably ur best bet if ur wanting a quiet area as ppl tend to keep to themselves around there and there are some decent pups along moorgate road. I wudnt recommend the areas which are close to the town centre tho lol