Speeding ticket discussion thread

OK, since the topic cooled down I just wanted to ask if there is any way I can get away with the 3 points?

I'm fine with paying the fine as the car is registered under my name, I made a mistake by not making records on who is driving the car (even if the drivers can swap the car between them self every 15-20min) and is there a way I can receive only the £100 fine?

I've already send a letter to the police station providing all the information that I've provided here, without filling in the drivers details form (simply because I don't know).

P.S. already registered at pepipoo.

Complete the drivers form and admit you were driving, 3 points £100. Argue the toss with no evidence(which i tried aND GOT FINED £450 for non disclosure AND 6 POINTS(because it is statutory), i actually got let off with the speeding fine by the magistrates.

Court wasn't stressful,it was only a magistrates court for me but it was in Norwich, i wanted the opportunity to explain - they actually offered me a chance for "re trial" to get my ex boss to attend - now that would have been stressful.

It isn't that we're getting weaker as a society but they are slowly closing the loopholes that guilty people use to get away from prosecution.

Edited by willman

Good luck. But I think you may have to pay up in the end.

Angel1.

On the front of my V5c section 2 states -acquired vehicle.In section 5 it lists the registered keepers acquisition.

On the same page in official use only at the bottom it does show a doc ref No,which i assume is the date it is uploaded at DVLA(manually) but i could be wrong.(On mine the dates do tally)

Complete the drivers form and admit you were driving, 3 points £100. Argue the toss with no evidence(which i tried aND GOT FINED £450 for non disclosure AND 6 POINTS(because it is statutory), i actually got let off with the speeding fine by the magistrates.

Court wasn't stressful,it was only a magistrates court for me but it was in Norwich, i wanted the opportunity to explain - they actually offered me a chance for "re trial" to get my ex boss to attend - now that would have been stressful.

It isn't that we're getting weaker as a society but they are slowly closing the loopholes that guilty people use to get away from prosecution.

Unfortunately, in some cases, they are also the avenues innocent people used to get away from prosecution.

At the very least when they have had trouble contacting the registered keeper they should include the photo of the incident (I personally think they should include it from the get go, it's not like a colour printer is exorbitantly expensive these days).

In my cack handed way I think that is what I was trying to say.

I went to court knowing 100 percent that I was right and was proved so but it was still stressful for me.

Mattcbr has no evidence to prove that he wasn’t driving and that is a very flimsy basis on which to take a minor motoring matter to court.

Trust me Matt, it’s not going to make an iota of difference you fighting the system and it’s unfairness cos when we are all long gone folk will still be paying speeding fines and being hit with points.

On the front of my V5c section 2 states -acquired vehicle.In section 5 it lists the registered keepers acquisition.

On the same page in official use only at the bottom it does show a doc ref No,which i assume is the date it is uploaded at DVLA(manually) but i could be wrong.(On mine the dates do tally)

Yep, I think you're right it says on mine - 12/07/2017

Sorry to keep on asking for more advice as I think you all were very helpful as far as now, but with that date registering me as a new keeper on the DVLA, could I try to use this as my defense? Or will that not help at all?

Thanks, for your constructive reply.

I understand where are you coming from with the court being a stressful situation etc, but isn't it about what people should do? Because if we all go the way "Ehh, it's too much stress and I'm not bother, better pay off the fine and watch some Jeremy Kyle instead" wont the law be upon us? As they will know that they can do whatever they want with us cause we all pay as we don't give a fuss about going to the court. Maybe it's just my point of view, but I don't like who the public service is making mistakes, tell you to pay something you shouldn't (not especially THIS case) because they know that we are getting weak.

I'm trying to find on my V5C where is the date showing up that DVLA registered me as the owner - can anybody help where to look for it?

Like I said, I'm fine to pay the £100 but not fine with the 3 points.

Ta

Regards the points ,there was a case not too long ago where a chief constabe could not /would not provide details of who was driving a police car

He got away with no points and a £500? Fine Weather this would apply to you as car is in your nae I would not like to suggest

Sorry to keep on asking for more advice as I think you all were very helpful as far as now, but with that date registering me as a new keeper on the DVLA, could I try to use this as my defense? Or will that not help at all?

At the end of the day Mattcbr you have stated on a public forum when you acquired the car and admitted the fact you got caught speeding.

The fact that there may be some discrepancy with the dates on a V5 is not going to make a difference.

As they say, a log book is not proof of ownership.

You've been speeding and trying to riddle out it! Face your punishment like a man!

You've been speeding and trying to riddle out it! Face your punishment like a man!

No, no.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals… except the weasel.

~Homer Simpson

But it cant be right you've already admitted to buying it on the 14th of October.

I've received a speeding ticket on the date of 28.02.2018 for doing 37mph on a 30mph road on the date of 28.10.2017. I've read that I need to receive the ticket within 14 days of the days of the incident for it to be valid. I went today to the Police Station to ask what can be done about it and the lady from the reception found my file and said that it was sent to the previous owner (as I bought the car on the 14.10.2017) and that it took em so long to send it back to me and that I still have to show the persons that was driving the car on that date.

So in conclusion;

14.10.2017 - bought the car

28.10.2017 - went 7mph over the speed limit

28.02.2018 - received the ticket

Thank you

EDIT: for those <removed> who don't understand this post - Can I dispute this ticket ?

Thank you.

I would write a polite letter to the Police and ask them to drop the case because you can't honestly plead guilty or not guilty to the alleged offence after all this time. Drivers are prosecuted for going 5mph over the 30 mile a hour speed limit.