Speeding ticket discussion thread

I've received a speeding ticket on the date of 28.02.2018 for doing 37mph on a 30mph road on the date of 28.10.2017. I've read that I need to receive the ticket within 14 days of the days of the incident for it to be valid. I went today to the Police Station to ask what can be done about it and the lady from the reception found my file and said that it was sent to the previous owner (as I bought the car on the 14.10.2017) and that it took em so long to send it back to me and that I still have to show the persons that was driving the car on that date.

So in conclusion;

14.10.2017 - bought the car

28.10.2017 - went 7mph over the speed limit

28.02.2018 - received the ticket

Thank you

EDIT: for those <removed> who don't understand this post - Can I dispute this ticket ?

Thank you.

Edited by Groose
masked swearing

Don't speed , especially in a 30 zone ,don't get a ticket simple really

As you had recently changed vehicle it is unlikely you will get away with the 'outside 14 days' defence. I suggest going to http://www.pepipoo.com/ for more constructive advice.

Have a read of the forums at http://www.pepipoo.com lots of expert advice on there which should confirm if you're able to dispute it.

Ignore the holier-than-thou moralisers in here imo!

As you had recently changed vehicle it is unlikely you will get away with the 'outside 14 days' defence. I suggest going to http://www.pepipoo.com/ for more constructive advice.

Didn't seem that the original poster wanted any advice - was just telling a story of getting a speeding ticket!

Didn't seem that the original poster wanted any advice - was just telling a story of getting a speeding ticket!

Not one I would tell the grandkids.

Not one I would tell the grandkids.

....or an internet forum!

Jesus, I just love how everybody in here acting like you've never done anything wrong.

Oh my I've done 37 on a 30. Stone me and burn me for this outrageous sin that I have made. "Don't go over the limit in a 30 zone" - wow, thanks Sherlock, I would never thought about this if it wasn't for you.

Yes, I was asking for an advice if I can dispute it, sorry I didn't make it more clear.

Why do you guys feel the need to act like the Holy Praise who will share his very "wise" advise that brings completely nothing in to what I was asking about?

Jesus, I just love how everybody in here acting like you've never done anything wrong.

Oh my I've done 37 on a 30. Stone me and burn me for this outrageous sin that I have made. "Don't go over the limit in a 30 zone" - wow, thanks Sherlock, I would never thought about this if it wasn't for you.

Yes, I was asking for an advice if I can dispute it, sorry I didn't make it more clear.

Why do you guys feel the need to act like the Holy Praise who will share his very "wise" advise that brings completely nothing in to what I was asking about?

Thats the point, you admitted speeding yet hope you can get away with it.

After all you've already asked the police for advice on the matter.

The police have a legal obligation to notify the registered owner within 14 days,thats what they did.

Company car drivers have the same problem - lease company get the notice and when they get around to it they notify the leaser(and reply to the police) and then the driver gets notified by the police,often 4-6 weeks from date of offence.

Updating DVLA can be done in seconds,my last one was updated online before i'd counted the money out.

Edited by willman

What advice do you want? You got a speeding ticket for speeding, you asked the police, they said you had to pay it, and gave you the reason why.

I'm not sure what advice anyone could offer other than - tough luck, pay it really!

You've already disputed it- and were out of luck. Just accept it and pay up!

Edited by paula4sheff

It's up to the point where I don't know who was driving the car at the moment of the ticker being issued as it was 4 months ago and they didn't even send me a copy of the camera taking the picture of the person who was driving it. The car is a company car and also being used be few members of the family, so after 4 months it's hard to remember or to investigate who was behind the wheel on that date and particularly at that time.

Since the car is registered under my name that's why I know at the end it's gonna be me who will receive the ticket.

I'm not trying to get away with anything, I just want to ask if I have any rights to defend my self.

I can't believe who you people are so easy to throw rocks at people, when probably most of you is doing some speeding at some point in your day/week/month.