From where can I book a flight on a propeller plane?

I want to surprise the old man with a flight on a plane with propellers. (I think they're called Bombardiers, but don't quote me) I've been told Flybe do them but they're not replying to my email enquiries. Has anyone on here booked something similar from the UK?

I assume you are after the smallest regular passenger planes - Flybe use them on several routes in Scotland so I suggest having a look there.

I want to surprise the old man with a flight on a plane with propellers. (I think they're called Bombardiers, but don't quote me) I've been told Flybe do them but they're not replying to my email enquiries. Has anyone on here booked something similar from the UK?

How about this, nice and local?

http://www.sheffieldaeroclub.net/

Take him there and he can have an introductory lesson and get his hands on the controls!

these are small planes. In the Philippines they have them on the shorter routes like less than an hour flights when the plane is actually in the air between the islands for about 17 minutes. They can weigh, not just the bags, but you the passenger too.

I assume you are after the smallest regular passenger planes - Flybe use them on several routes in Scotland so I suggest having a look there.

^^This. Flown to Aberdeen and onwards to Shetland many times with Flybe, and they were always on prop planes, at least until a few years ago.

I wouldn't get too excited about the prospect to be honest, it's remarkably similar to a jet flight.

Take him there and he can have an introductory lesson and get his hands on the controls!

Do this, he'll love it. The missus got me one in a Cessna 82 (I think) for my birthday a fair few years ago. I flew from Lands End which may be a bit far to go but there are closer. She got to sit in the back to.

FlyBe Manchester to Southampton BE860 or BE862 are usually always a Dash 8 prop plane, takes around 40 minutes.

Flights to Belfast are sometimes on prop planes I believe.