Totally blown away by a band today on Fargate. Four Asian lads - guitar, trombone and two trumpets (I think) were superb!! Went down Fargate singing

'Over the Rainbow' Does anyone know who they were?

They were excellent. Good luck in finding who they are.

Has anyone told South Yorkshire Police for them to be immediately arrested for having a trumpet?

Always good to hear decent live music to put a spring in your step

Totally blown away by a band today on Fargate. Four Asian lads - guitar, trombone and two trumpets (I think) were superb!! Went down Fargate singing

'Over the Rainbow' Does anyone know who they were?

Four lads you mean?

Four lads you mean?

Maybe Golden Oldie is a copper and just can't help with the profiling :hihi:

No, Golden Oldie is right to identify the boys as Asian. If he had said four lads there would be no identity could be anybody. If there had been two lots of four lads playing, like down Covent Garden for example, which ones would he mean? If I was in Bejing I wouldn't identify someone as that Chinaman but I would expect to be identified as that european even if l has lived there all my life. Similarly if l lived amongst the black community I would expect to be identified as the white man.

You can get your nose out of the air now.

No, Golden Oldie is right to identify the boys as Asian.

He sure is. I've seen a similar four piece in Liverpool, although one of them had a set of drums. They were awesome and I'd love to know if they're still going.

No, Golden Oldie is right to identify the boys as Asian. If he had said four lads there would be no identity could be anybody. If there had been two lots of four lads playing, like down Covent Garden for example, which ones would he mean? If I was in Bejing I wouldn't identify someone as that Chinaman but I would expect to be identified as that european even if l has lived there all my life. Similarly if l lived amongst the black community I would expect to be identified as the white man.

You can get your nose out of the air now.

Stop being silly.

Aii that is really necessary to know is that they were incredibly talented and deserve a break.

As far as ethnicity, if they had been of Chinese ethnicity, I would have said so, or Afro Caribbean likewise. They may well all have been born in Firth Park, but the fact that their origins were Asian, as someone said, made it easier to single them out from any other team of buskers! What a pointless discussion!

If they are ever on 'Britains Got Talent' and if I watched it, I would instantly know them!!!

:hihi::hihi:

Four lads you mean?

Surely in your world they (presumably you are ok in expressing numbers in excess of one) should not be described as lads.

Perhaps you would be content with describing them as 4 Homo sapiens of non specific age / gender / ethnicity doing something non specific, somewhere or other.

Then who could possibly be offended ?

Edited by mickyboy