Metal thieves about in Rivelin area again

Lunchtime today thieves were stopped breaking into outbuildings on properties adjoining Rivelin Valley - they ran off whilst police being called.

Seems to be thieves looking for metal in this instance.

Worth checking your own outbuildings, allotments, and reporting to police. Local allotments have been having problems recently.

And if you saw anything today - vehicles loading up metal etc and have a dashcam reg let the police know please.

Might also add that there are a couple of piles of glass on road near paddling pools so I guess cars broken into ? Hard to imagine no one sees this happening.

My Mrs witnessed an incident yesterday evening when a guy was chasing 3/4 youths dressed in a local schools uniform down Morley Street and shouting after them about something to do with damage to a van.

Unfortunately one of the boys dropped his mobile and the lad came asking for it back, but credit to the bloke he said he was ringing the police and he would be handing it over as evidence.

Wouldn't like to be that kid when the police rang his parents.

My Mrs witnessed an incident yesterday evening when a guy was chasing 3/4 youths dressed in a local schools uniform down Morley Street and shouting after them about something to do with damage to a van.

Unfortunately one of the boys dropped his mobile and the lad came asking for it back, but credit to the bloke he said he was ringing the police and he would be handing it over as evidence.

Wouldn't like to be that kid when the police rang his parents.

.......may be his parents are the problem!

It's not much to go on but police have issued this photofit: Wanted

Lunchtime today thieves were stopped breaking into outbuildings on properties adjoining Rivelin Valley - they ran off whilst police being called.

Seems to be thieves looking for metal in this instance.

Worth checking your own outbuildings, allotments, and reporting to police. Local allotments have been having problems recently.

And if you saw anything today - vehicles loading up metal etc and have a dashcam reg let the police know please.

Incident number to give as reference?

This is my area so I will be watching out.

This is my area so I will be watching out.

EEEK, You have been warned.

Maybe attaching a live lead would cure.

. Lol sure to get him