Anti social and illegal motorbikes

I wouldn't put too much stock into the Facebook bragging of a teenage moron!

Clearly thick as a brick to even comment!

yet despite that, SYP in their post say they had taken the bike off the 16yr old teenager, marched him back to his parents, which possibly sounds like a good outcome, until you read the lads comments the bike was back with him in 30 minutes.

No remorse, no punishment he's on a winner.

For goodness sake!

I was brought up on the Manor estate in the 70s, once branded the worst in the U.K. Mum held down god knows how many jobs to keep us fed and clothed even though our xmas presents were second hand.

We had nothing but I grew up without a criminal record, never brought the police to the door, got a job, went back to school, got a better job et al.

It's not about having nothing to do it's about having a backbone to get off your arse, help yourself ( legally) and not believing you have a right to everything but realise you have to work for it.

As long as we have apologists, handwringers and the liberal minded saying " ah diddumss" we will always be in this situation.

Well done to you monkey, but with all due respect, if mum had been a druggie, and father a violent alcoholic, would things have turned out the same.. this is what I'm trying to point out, you obviously had good parents who gave you love and attention, in other words you got a fair crack at life, and guess what it worked.

When I was growing up, being bored wasn't an excuse for breaking the law and being anti social. As youths we were expected not to annoy adults. It's all very well saying create a society etc but I brought my child up to be a polite, well mannered and working adult. Yet here I am having to suffer at night because of other people's children that are not polite and well mannered.

I too grew up on the Manor in the 60's&70's I have no memories of any families affected by drugs or alcohol to any (apart from one lad on the Manor Park who died in the early 70's)

Plenty of poor people, just who got on with it and there are plenty of 50/ 60 year olds that I know from poorer families there who have done very well for themselves.

Plenty of rough ins I grant you but the proliferation of lowlife since the 1980's has baffled me.

Edited by Odd-jobs

Well done to you monkey, but with all due respect, if mum had been a druggie, and father a violent alcoholic, would things have turned out the same.. this is what I'm trying to point out, you obviously had good parents who gave you love and attention, in other words you got a fair crack at life, and guess what it worked.
.......mother should be put into a cold turkey program, the fathers violent nature should dealt with by incarceration into hard labour to destruct his egotistical violent nature.You need to realize that some of these people are so far removed from normal society that shock treatment is sometimes, but not for all, the only treatment.

Yes of course some will respond to a different method and I am all for that, but lots will continue to laugh at people like you and me and society in general.

ok whats the solution?

ok whats the solution?

At this moment in time, there is no solution, just people giving opinions on whats gone wrong.

The police are out harrassing legal drivers who they can earn revinue from.

It is only with repeated calling, pressure from councillors or someone injured (and the negative publicity associated with that) that will get the to pull their finger out and do anything.

At this moment in time, there is no solution, just people giving opinions on whats gone wrong.

I can remember social workers taking these kids on expensive holidays to show them how a nice upbringing should be, it didn't work.

They have had short sharp shock treatment (Detention centres) it didnt work.

And they have had everything in between.

my opinion is this country has no idea how to do this, yes they know what to do but no idea how to do it.

there are families on these estate that are 3+ generation thieves and, they bring there kids up to do the same they dont know any different.

When i bought a house on the Manor along with alot more people, we got scroats coming from the Wybourn,Arbourthorne etc yes they started nicking things, what stoped them was we reported it to the police every time, and yes most of them were cought and believe it or not Were the new Bellway houses are is the lowest crime rate in the central constituency.

The police are out harrassing legal drivers who they can earn revinue from.

It is only with repeated calling, pressure from councillors or someone injured (and the negative publicity associated with that) that will get the to pull their finger out and do anything.

Really??

Try looking it the SYP off road team page on Facebook.

I can remember social workers taking these kids on expensive holidays to show them how a nice upbringing should be, it didn't work.

They have had short sharp shock treatment (Detention centres) it didnt work.

And they have had everything in between.

my opinion is this country has no idea how to do this, yes they know what to do but no idea how to do it.

there are families on these estate that are 3+ generation thieves and, they bring there kids up to do the same they dont know any different.

When i bought a house on the Manor along with alot more people, we got scroats coming from the Wybourn,Arbourthorne etc yes they started nicking things, what stoped them was we reported it to the police every time, and yes most of them were cought and believe it or not Were the new Bellway houses are is the lowest crime rate in the central constituency.

I know a few lads who had the Short,sharp ,shock treatment and believe me it worked . The big difference being that the DC they were in were run like military camps not what happens nowadays with tellies and games consoles in cells :rant:

I know a few lads who had the Short,sharp ,shock treatment and believe me it worked . The big difference being that the DC they were in were run like military camps not what happens nowadays with tellies and games consoles in cells :rant:

Yes those were the ones, they was run like the detention you got in the army.