Sign in to follow this  

Football - club or country?

Who do you prioritise in football?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prioritise in football?

• Your club
    • Your country
    • You couldn't care less

After a heated discussion last night with my friends, I was curious, do you proiritise your club or your country?

Personally, i prioritise my club. I still support england when playing in a tournament. In the case of an international friendly though, i'd prefer it if my club players were not risked in the squad. nothing annoys me more than players being played in a friendly, then getting injured.

Anyway, whats your view?

I think those friendlies are a waste of time. I hear that a new ruling is going to be intorduced which means less substitutes allowed. Bringing on 11 subs is a joke. International caps used to mean something back in the day, now their ten a penny.

Agreed. Another thing about friendlies, is that the team only gets one training session together i think, which is not really a true reflection of how they will play in the championships when they have been training for weeks together.

I know I'm a girlie so you probably won't agree with me one this one as its a footie thread but I recon you should go for country - come on england!! haha

Seeing as how the players that make up the national side are drawn from club level and as that's where they build up the skills and hone the talent, it has to be club.

The professional football club is the foundation of the sport across the world, whereas international competition is a matter of pride between nations. The latter is made possible by the former.

I'm getting out voted in this one big style!! haha

Originally posted by HoneyGirl

I'm getting out voted in this one big style!! haha

Have you actually cast your vote?

The poll says that only three have been cast and all for club.

Who voted couldn't care less?

Really, and this being such a serious issue and all...

Not guilty ... I wouldnt dream of it with such an important topic like footie! haha

Honestly, all this time spent mulling over politics and international terrorism has some folks distracted from the real issues at hand.