Faulty car immobiliser??

Well I can't afford anything like that, it could be the battery I suppose, but radio and lights come on, would they if it was a battery issue?

Well I can't afford anything like that, it could be the battery I suppose, but radio and lights come on, would they if it was a battery issue?

They would depend on how much juice is in the battery.

Does the flashing immobiliser LED (on the dash) behave differently if it doesn't start?

The red light flashes before I put key in, goes off when I take the steering lock off and try to start car, the little light with car with lock through is on, I sound really useless don't I lol

Is it still playing up now

The red light flashes before I put key in, goes off when I take the steering lock off and try to start car, the little light with car with lock through is on, I sound really useless don't I lol

Your key has lost its programming, the light with the car and lock is connected to the immobiliser. You need someone to reprogram your key.

Do you have a spare key?

Your key has lost its programming, the light with the car and lock is connected to the immobiliser. You need someone to reprogram your key.

I hope she's got security pass for car as Vauxhall charge £25 for code and she will also need a virgin immbolizer chip For Vauxhall it's usually a id46 chip

I have a key code written in my log book, I do have a spare key too

I have a key code written in my log book, I do have a spare key too

Have you tried the spare key?

have you tried to start it with the spare key

I tried the other day when it wouldn't start and it didn't work, can't do anything at the moment anyway cos getting our imprinted concrete drive sealed and can't get out to do anything yet

have you tried a new battery in the key fob