Sign in to follow this  

Nintendo DS WiFi (Warning Ranting in progress...)

So today I thought i'd set-up my sons Nintendo DS for wireless play, through my router.

These are meant for kids right??!! :lol:

I had a D link G604T router, and thought it'd be easy peasy, but no, alas, after mucho googling it turns out that it's not compatible.....but, you can upgrade the firmware, which according to other forums is easy, so I thought, why not.

So I downloaded the file, and to be on the safe side I made lots of screenies of my routers settings beforehand, just incase.

On starting the firmware upgrade, I got 5 minutes in, and it gave me an error message, so being quite a careful person I thought leave it then, turned everything off and started again.

One dead D Link Wireless Router :(

Nothing, zilch, dead dog...I tried the firmware again, same error, tried getting into my settings, couldnt access anything.

(please note all through this I had the extra help of a 9yr old excitedly telling me all the wonderous games he would be playing any moment...)

So I went and had a rummage in the spare room, and found a BT Voyager 2091, unopened, that i'd forgotten i'd bought when they were a tenner from BT.

So I've spent another hour setting up this router, switched on the nintendo DS, and it worked!

I now have peace & tranquility for the half term, at least until I get my own DS :lol:

But one dead D Link Router :(

Anyone have any ideas about fixing it?

Dont know about fixing it, but I just bought the Nintendo Wifi adaptor for a tenner and use that instead of messing about trying to set it up with my router. Worked straight out of the box, no problems.

I didn't know you could get one, is that the USB cable?

I'm currently getting my bum sorely kicked at Mario Kart....

I have let the little one have a go too...honest... :)

Dont know about fixing it, but I just bought the Nintendo Wifi adaptor for a tenner and use that instead of messing about trying to set it up with my router. Worked straight out of the box, no problems.

where did you get it from? I've heard various poor comments about them , was it ok to set up and is it the official nintendo one or the cheap dlogic clone?

this is the one Ive got. Didnt cost that much when I bought it though, but it was on special offer.