Meadowhead Road works complete (nearly)

Well its not actually named Meadowhead just called that by most if not nearly all the people that pass through it.

Bochum Parkway parallel to Norton Lane and the building site that was the wrongfully ( I believe) demolished site of Sheffield College.

I would like to be amongst the first to congratulate the people involved in all the work done in that area over the last... well how long? Does anyone really know how long? it started with the controversial removal of the trees on the roundabout, when was that 2015? 14 maybe. resizing the roundabout and putting in a slip road for the yet another shopping centre. Did we need it? Need I hear you ask, what has that to do with anything these days? Strategically placed next to what is already at times a place of almost perpetually standing traffic.

Congratulations are I think in order. I cannot recall roadworks in such a small area being spun out for so long. Cleverly done too. many was the day when when noone seemed to be working at all jut walking around pointing and moving barriers a little. Many was the day when is seemed that noone was actually even then. Talk about job protection those guys really managed to spin that job out for all it was worth.

Thought the chaps doing the work around Charter Row and Furnival gate area ... near debenhams and the old macdonalds. Their efforts engaged in the replacement of a few paving slabs and filling in a subway were heroic... the way they spun that out was pleasure to.. well not see.. people.. if they were even there at all many a day managing to move themselves and things around without accomplishing anything for weeks on end. Amazing really.

I do hope both these jobs had been put out to tender I would hate to think that Our "cough cough" Council was paying these people day work rather than a fixed a price.

None the less as two apparently employment stretching schemes they should be eligible for some kind of industry reward.

I know what some of you are thinking what about the new buildings on the Moor well they were private contractors but yes they did spin that job out didn't they?

I recall when I worked in construction if we had managed as slow a progress as they did during ay of those jobs from clearing the site to completion we would have all been sacked after a couple of months so its good to see that people's jobs are safer these days.

So whatdo people think should we create these people an award or was the speed at which they failed to achieve its own reward?

Edited by fill

Don't know about roadwork's time wise but yet another retail park at a time when many stores are struggling . Traffic wise no change I think stood a lot of time now so that will not change

re-the shopping centre ,it was desperately needed for our area as we have no shops nearby of this quality,it will help the locals,save time,petrol ect,so over all I hope it works out and the traders and public enjoy and use the new retail park,great to get another aldi as they are a great quality retailor and there huge queues locally will be eased at least for a while,until more people realise they can get quality at a low price.

The new shopping centre will be well used by the Woodseats/Lowedges/Bradway/Greenhill community.

I fully agree with that and even dronfield,coal aston and gleadless,batemoor,jordanthorpe,bradway ect

I thought it had been completed pretty quick compared to the shenanigans down Chesterfield Road outside Lidl/Aldi or whatever it’s called.

The roadworks were very much needed and are now a vast improvement. I think the council and contractors have done a good job. And I'm looking forward to the new shopping centre opening, it is also very much needed. Good result all round as far as I'm concerned.

the new shopping centre will be well used by the woodseats/lowedges/bradway/greenhill community.
and jordanthorpe and batemoor! Why miss them out ????

and jordanthorpe and batemoor! Why miss them out ????

they obviously think that residents on there are less likely to use it! >.<

(and for reference I live on one of those, and fully intend to make use of at least four of those shops I struggle to get to normally)