Dronfield Civic Centre

Yes the area does look sad and when Geoffs has gone it will look even more sad , yet another empty shop . Clinton must be having a think about there position with the reduce amount of passing trade . Its not just the Civic Centre that is looking a bit down , travel down the High Street and look at that area , the road surface , it is only just passable and is not fit for purpose in a lot of areas all the way down past the church . The town council , talking about not fit for purpose , offices look out onto this mess .

Yes the area does look sad and when Geoffs has gone it will look even more sad , yet another empty shop . Clinton must be having a think about there position with the reduce amount of passing trade . Its not just the Civic Centre that is looking a bit down , travel down the High Street and look at that area , the road surface , it is only just passable and is not fit for purpose in a lot of areas all the way down past the church . The town council , talking about not fit for purpose , offices look out onto this mess .

I completely agree, some of the roads in Dronfield are an absolute disgrace, the corner near dominos and cemetery road are shocking.

It wouldn't surprise me if people started having punctures on them soon and asking the council for payment, as you say its so close to the offices i can't believe that they haven't sorted it yet.

---------- Post added 28-03-2018 at 13:12 ----------

They're not all busy - I see some of them often and, apart from Friday and Saturday night, there's hardly anyone in them. I honestly can't see any licensed premises ending up in the Civic centre, I'm sure there would be planning issues around that. That place has been dying on its feet for years. The reduction in the market started it years ago - the closures and higher involvement of charity shops says it all. I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton Cards were to move out before much longer. The Civic Centre just look and feels sad. No wonder people shop elsewhere.

I agree its so sad that they are all shutting but what can they do, I'd love a decent butchers to move in and maybe a greengrocer but would they get enough footfall? Maybe now that Coop has gone it could be viable?

Will not be long before we find out what poundstretcher brings to Dronfields civic centre noticed today workmen in getting store ready.

Yep I believe they are due to open on Friday 16th.

Does anyone know what is due to open in the former co-op travel shop.

I have seen some movement in their recently?

A final one does anyone know if any of the local bus services to the civic may be looking to increase their bus services?

---------- Post added 28-03-2018 at 17:39 ----------

sorry the correct date is friday 13 th as far as what ive heard from the former co-op employees.

Heard a coffee shop is opening in old travel shop and can't imagine any bus company increase buses to civic at moment.

The centre is anchored by the sports centre there are really no big shop attractions to draw me and others there on a daily basis.

Poundstretcher well enough said there.... these are meant to be sited in retail destination parks not local community hubs.

Geoffs DIY massively overpriced and the service given there has declined dramatically over the last few years, it would be nice to see smiles

but with the current economic climate they are probably struggling to make ends meet, go down to dronfield bottom and steeles better service and prices.

Have you seen the price of their christmas trees local garden centres much better quality, smiling staff and more keener pricing.

The three charity shops well these are taking over the high street and mainly sell rubbish.

Blundells closed, hsbc closed, the cafe place closed, the hairdressers still not occupied.

Cooplands no where near as good as the original cooplands, a few takeovers and they are now clearly struggling against local competition.

The butchers place nearby sell much better quality sandwiches and pies much better value.

How is the civic centre going to move forwards, falling footfall, and a real muddle of shops some thinking they are still re-living the 80.s boom.