What about pedestrianising the wicker

walked thru the wicker this morning, and was amazed by the potential of the area, you can see its up and coming with all the eateries down there and the new small businesses popping up around the wicker, it looks like to me a few bars and pedestrianizing the area and getting rid of all those terrible road signs it would be a place to be seen, and attract a lot of visitors to the area,

so anyone with a bit of cash to invest have a look down there you might be surprised,

It does have great potential, especially if the quays were integrated into it.

The Eateries you mention, seem to operate without customers, after 18:00 or later it's dead, there's a barber in the Wicker who stops open while midnight or later, now who wants their hair cutting at that time of day? People who work around there have thought for years now the Eateries seem to be involved in the laundry trade!

I think that’s a great idea !

I like the idea but where would all the buses and taxis go if the Wicker was closed off to them?

On the topic of insane unworkable ideas, how about a ladder to the Moon?

The Eateries you mention, seem to operate without customers, after 18:00 or later it's dead, there's a barber in the Wicker who stops open while midnight or later, now who wants their hair cutting at that time of day? People who work around there have thought for years now the Eateries seem to be involved in the laundry trade!

are you out of your mind?!:loopy:

The majority of the 'eateries' don't come alive until after 18:00.

...you know, the time when people traditionally come out to eat!:hihi:

During day its nothing but passing trade or people that work close by.

I like the idea but where would all the buses and taxis go if the Wicker was closed off to them?

That was my thought, how are the buses supposed to get to the city centre?

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 09:07 ----------

Perhaps I'm out of date, but aren't most of these 'eateries' fried chicken and kebab shops?

there's a barber in the Wicker who stops open while midnight or later, now who wants their hair cutting at that time of day?

I think its more common in other cultures for this. When I worked in Bolton I saw barbers open most weeknights until 9 or 10pm.

I think its more common in other cultures for this. When I worked in Bolton I saw barbers open most weeknights until 9 or 10pm.

Yes isn't it usually abit of a hangout for the barber and his mates?

Like a pub, but without the drinking.

They can open as late as they want IMO, it's their shop afterall.

Have a walk down Abbeydale and London Roads and you will see numerous hairdressers open late into the evening. If I had hair I'd certainly appreciate the opening hours that are outside my working hours.

The buses can drive around the ring road at either end like everyone else.

On the topic of insane unworkable ideas, how about a ladder to the Moon?

You could do with some optimism in your life.

There's nobody down there at night, there's no pubs just the little club in one of the arches.