Show off your gardening, arts, crafts and culinary skills at Sheffield Fayre

Any of you with a penchant for growing peas, raising a diabolical dahlia, getting positively prickly over cacti...etc etc?

Now available: schedules for the upcoming Sheffield Horticultural Show at Sheffield Fayre, should you fancy showing off your horticultural/baking/crafty prowess.

Classes include Dahlia, Roses, Fuschias, Hardy Perennials/Shrubs/Biennials/Annuals, Herbs, Pot Plants, Pelargoniums and Geraniums, Vegetables

Also: Wine, Honey, Craft and Hobbies, Culinary, Floral Art, The Great Sunflower Competition

Also: Junior Section...Baking, Art, Computer Art, Craft, Writing, Gardening, An Animal made from Veg and/or Fruit, Egg head, Welly Boot Decorating

For your schedule, and further details, phone the Centre in the Park on 2860400.

What a great way to show off your children's green finger or crafty talents - not to mention your own. Don't be shy - show off! You may win a prize:)

When are the dates of the show and fayre, Cosywolf? I'd love to visit, but living in Leicestershire I don't think I'd be allowed to actually take part.

Any chance of a special section for ex-Sheffielders? ;) .

D'oh...if my head wasn't attached...

Sheffield Fayre is on the August Bank holiday Weekend - Sunday 27th and Monday 28th August.

It's free entrance, pay for parking - there's plenty of public transport you could use instead.

Usually 10.30 am - 5 pm, but don't quote me on that, as I don't have the details to hand.

The schedule doesn't appear to say you have to be a Sheffielder, and I thought these things were national, with everyone going to everyone else's show? I know we had to think in the past about clashing with this show or that. Sorry I can't be more definite, but I think you should give it a go!:D

Is it in Graves Park, Cosywolf? Your post doesn't seem to say where it is. Which bus number would I need? Cheers.

Thanks for the information. I'd love to have a go at submitting something, but I wouldn't want to be the southern interloper if it's only for Sheffield residents :) .

Norfolk Park normally and lots of guns too :)

Lots of guns? :heyhey: *puts on Tackleberry persona

Well there was last year; bloody germans attacking a russian pill box. and a Lancaster fly past quality it was.

Don, lots of bangs and smoke too :) It took me back to the Somme :)