Ringo Starr receives knighthood

Errm for starters Elvis Aaron Presley. Real name. Not sure about the Trog. But really sure about the difference in Talent. Please lets not go there. :suspect:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: But only one A in Aaron :)

No problem :thumbsup: but I rate him higher than that . After all , apparently Elvis Presley said that Freddie did the best impression of Elvis in the world :)

Small doses springs to mind. Ive watched a couple of Audience with, shows and was board after ten minuets. Same routine over and over example, the version of Starry Nights with speeding up and slowing down of the backing track. BRILLIANT but that was it for me. I have seen Worse Elvis impersonaters than Freddie Starr and I have also seen a lot better ones. Ken Dodd, Bob Monkhouse did their Audience with shows and I was enthrawled for the full hour. In all fairness, three completly different acts so personal taste comes into it. For me like I said Doddy and Monkhouse were far better.

---------- Post added 20-03-2018 at 22:40 ----------

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ButUP. Two A' in Aaron
Edited by PRESLEY

Heard Ringo being interviewed on the radio this afternoon and it was so weird to hear his accent now, a weird mixture of Liverpudlian and Californian. Sounded like you'd expect for most of the interview but every now and again he'd say something in a distinctly American way.

If he doesn't any more Thomas The Tank Engine then it's going to have to be Amtrak from now on.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: But only one A in Aaron :)

Two . A 's . :roll:Okedoke

whats constitutes a good drummer? i can describe a good saxophonist or a good guitar player, but a good pop group drummer i would have difficulty.

Two . A 's . :roll:Okedoke

Ok . you've done me :thumbsup: And I agree with you about Doddy and Monkhouse but to get to that level is genius . Freddie was a level below :)

QUOTE=neilf;11833961]His son Zak is a much better drummer!

That may be true, but is he as famous as his father?

Edited by janie48

Ok . you've done me :thumbsup: And I agree with you about Doddy and Monkhouse but to get to that level is genius . Freddie was a level below :)

It takes someone special to with stand the Comedic life span. There have been plenty of good comedians over the years who yes brilliant in their own unique way but like you say it takes the Genius to stand the test of comedic time. Back on Topic the whole Richard Starkey situation didn't he get lucky and take another drummers place or summat. Sure that was the case, Pete Best. Enlighten me. :thumbsup:

QUOTE=neilf;11833961]His son Zak is a much better drummer!

That may be true, but is he as famous as his father?

Ringo is famous as a Beatle and because of his outgoing personality, not as a superior drummer. I have no problem with his award whatsoever, he was a member of the most influential group of musicians in popular music history, that alone says enough. Congrats Ringo.

whats constitutes a good drummer? i can describe a good saxophonist or a good guitar player, but a good pop group drummer i would have difficulty.

Great timing, but perhaps more importantly great 'feel' and knowing what a song needs.

There's a great video here which explains some of those ideas better than I can - it's about John Bonham rather than Ringo but you'll get the idea.

To quote John Lennon when asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world. He replied, “He’s not even the best drummer in The Beatles”. :hihi: