Sheffield Labour councillors

After emailing all three Labour councillors - Mike Drabble, Dianne Hurst and Peter Rippon

On 4th March I still have not received an acknowledgement let alone a reply.

I would like to know if this is their normal response to their constituents?

Such a disgrace.

Yes.............................

Find the one up for re-election (Rippon?). They're most likely to respond. Labour are choosing their mayoral candidate so I guess they'll be busy naval gazing.

After emailing all three Labour councillors - Mike Drabble, Dianne Hurst and Peter Rippon

Such a disgrace.

Its only been 10 working days.

Dependant on your request it might take at least another few days for them to prepare a reply.

Perhaps its time to give a quick follow up but dont think we are at the "disgrace" level yet.

Such a disgrace.

In my experience those councillors are quite good at replying to issues

Your details say you're in NE Derbyshire so that could be the reason they only deal with issues in their wards so may have forwarded it on

Last year I had an issue with an absentee landlord of an ajoining property, I emailed all three of the councillors in my ward, I got a reply from

Anne Murphy within a day. She got an housing officer to contact me, which I thought was brilliant. I didn't even get an adknowledgement from the

other two.

Last year I had an issue with an absentee landlord of an ajoining property, I emailed all three of the councillors in my ward, I got a reply from

Anne Murphy within a day. She got an housing officer to contact me, which I thought was brilliant. I didn't even get an adknowledgement from the

other two.

Anne works closely with her colleague Craig so it's likely that they coordinate their responses to constituents and share case work. They also work across political boundaries to avoid duplication which may explain why Andrew didn't respond.

I'd initially contact the council department direct. Councillors will pass on enquiries and/or complaints to the relevant section as Anne Murphy did for Mike10. I'd only go to a councillor if my issue wasn't responded to or resolved.

Max is right, councillors liaise with each other. Three responses to one enquiry wouldn't really be an efficient use of time. IMO.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

It is admittedly a long time ago now but when I had an issue with the council I found the Lib Dem councillor I had dealings with to be incredibly pro-active and definitely fought my corner. She rallied other councillors and really looked for solutions to the problem.

By contrast when I had a 5 year spell in Rotherham the Labour councillors either didn't respond or just forwarded my communiques on to staff who were essentially powerless to do anything without the intervention of the councillors, who showed no interest whatsoever. It felt very much like a fobbing off. After 5 years of complaining about the same problems, which were getting worse because it was noise from licensed premises, many owned by the council but rented to businesses, I told the councillors exactly what I thought of them and the area they 'looked after' and I left. In that last year, they had the cheek to suggest that the reason people didn't stay and settle in the area was because of problem landlords, so they wanted to implement a landlord licensing scheme, which of course they would charge for.

Probably spending too much time on that Labour political pamphlet I got through the door today. (with a council tax bill attached)