Is the age of chivalry dead?

But you might faint (I think swoon is the correct term) if you stand on a moving vehicle. Certainly if you're wearing a corset.

You are right. There are men on public transport who might be showing some chest hair and oh my giddy Aunt, I'm coming over all in a quandary just thinking about it let alone being close enough to touch it. I completely understand now why us ladies must have seats, my apologies to all you gents out there.

You are right. There are men on public transport who might be showing some chest hair and oh my giddy Aunt, I'm coming over all in a quandary just thinking about it let alone being close enough to touch it. I completely understand now why us ladies must have seats, my apologies to all you gents out there.

Yet, when a manly man sort of offers a seat "you can sit on my lap darlin'" they get all sniffy.

Well they did in 1996.

But you might faint (I think swoon is the correct term) if you stand on a moving vehicle. Certainly if you're wearing a corset.

Plus, high heels mean the poor things can't stand for long.

Dear God. After reading some of the responses on here, I think if I were a man, I'd be so confused I'd stay in my seat as well. It's safer.

When a man offers his seat to a woman (who clearly isn't heavily pregnant, old or infirm), he is making a nice gesture. That's all it is. He is not implying that you are in any way inferior, or less able to stand.

IT'S A NICE GESTURE. Of which there are far too few in this world. You don't have to take him up on it. A smile and a "no thank you, I'm fine" will suffice. No need to get huffy or insulted.

I'll steal the words of Joe P (who used to post on this forum, Hi Joe!) who stole it from Jebediah Springfield of The Simpsons, "It doth embiggen the soul." Or something like that. It's just a nice thing to do.

No wonder the world is in <removed>. No one has to give there seat up or infact hold a door open for someone . Ill educate you ignorant planks, its called having good manners. Courtisy (spelling) and above all being a Gentle man. Personal pride makes a Gentlemen if you aint got that theres no hope and Karma will have its way. Explanation WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. Youll soon be aware its happening when your going through a door and your hands are full, shopping ect, and someone lets it slam in your faces. :hihi:

Amen, brother. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sierra

No, you're still being an ignorant plank.

Explain why you think not being courteous to someone just because they've got a vagina makes me a "True Chauvenist". Do you think I shouldn't be courteous to men as well?

Why do you keep saying Vagina. Is there something wrong with you. (Perv) or dont you like women or summat or have you just been dumped or probably got bullied by an older sister whilst trying to grow up, obviously unsuccesfuly, or just didn't get the required attention from your Mommy. Or Just a Woman Hater in General. You have no respect for Women. Get urgent Therapy.:loopy:

Dear God. After reading some of the responses on here, I think if I were a man, I'd be so confused I'd stay in my seat as well. It's safer.

When a man offers his seat to a woman (who clearly isn't heavily pregnant, old or infirm), he is making a nice gesture. That's all it is. He is not implying that you are in any way inferior, or less able to stand.

IT'S A NICE GESTURE. Of which there are far too few in this world. You don't have to take him up on it. A smile and a "no thank you, I'm fine" will suffice. No need to get huffy or insulted.

I'll steal the words of Joe P (who used to post on this forum, Hi Joe!) who stole it from Jebediah Springfield of The Simpsons, "It doth embiggen the soul." Or something like that. It's just a nice thing to do.

But still noone is able to say *WHY* it's a nice gesture! What is special about a women? Why wouldn't you give your seat up to another man (assuming he's not disabled etc), or why shouldn't a women give up her seat to a man? Can you please tell me what makes women more deserving of the seat than a man?

It's just an absolutely ridiculous idea that somehow you are being a better person because you gave your seat to a woman...do the guys who do it go home thinking they are amazing or something? I genuinely cannot get my head around this.

Why do you keep saying Vagina. Is there something wrong with you. (Perv) or dont you like women or summat or have you just been dumped or probably got bullied by an older sister whilst trying to grow up, obviously unsuccesfuly, or just didn't get the required attention from your Mommy. Or Just a Woman Hater in General. You have no respect for Women. Get urgent Therapy.:loopy:

So you go into all out insult mode to avoid answering my questions. :loopy:

Where on earth do you get the idea that treating women as equals = women hater?

If it's a nice gesture for a man to give up his seat for a woman; it must also be a nice gesture for a woman to give up her seat for a man! Question, would the men who are giving up their seats for women, just because they're women; also be giving up their seats for other men, just because they're men?

I don't understand why the existence (or not) of dangly bits between our legs should at all dictate who merits a seat on public transport.

All that said, it's something I struggle with too. Well, from my point of view, everyone is equal, and does not merit special treatment unless they have a specific need as an individual. The bit I struggle with is what's expected by society, men are expected to be a certain way, and so are women, and we're expected to interact with each other, in a certain way.

It's just an absolutely ridiculous idea that somehow you are being a better person because you gave your seat to a woman...do the guys who do it go home thinking they are amazing or something? I genuinely cannot get my head around this.

I think it's largely down to the fact that men have been socially conditioned to behave that way.

Guest makapaka
But still noone is able to say *WHY* it's a nice gesture! What is special about a women? Why wouldn't you give your seat up to another man (assuming he's not disabled etc), or why shouldn't a women give up her seat to a man? Can you please tell me what makes women more deserving of the seat than a man?

It’s just something men used to do.Its probably predominantly older men that still do it as i imagine they see it as something nice to do that makes them feel a bit better about themselves.

There’s no need to get too deep into it. It’s not hurting anybody.

As someone said above - if a woman does not want the seat they only have to say no.

Men used to lay capes over puddles, squire women around the park etc - it’s all a bit mental of you get too deep into it.

We do loads of things that are odd for no reason - dining etiquette etc

So you go into all out insult mode to avoid answering my questions. :loopy:

Where on earth do you get the idea that treating women as equals = women hater?

Stop describing Women by their body parts for starters. I could describe you using a part of your body . Something like. You Little Pri _. :hihi: