Where can you fly a drone in Sheffield?

DRONE’S don’t own one only army got them...aircrafts don’t own one of them can’t afford one so I got a glider (toy) and I fly where I want never been stopped..it’s a hobby

As long as you use a bit of common sense you will be ok.

the top of wydrone on the sky edge field,

It does make it clear that you are not permitted to fly a drone on Longshaw Estate as suggested by an earlier poster.

Not questioning your post, but if you fly from a roadside layby and fly over the Longshaw Estate (making sure they are no buildings, people or animals around) at or around the maximum height of your aircraft, how would the Estate stop you. I don't think they own the airspace above their land, or do they.?

Angel1.

Not questioning your post, but if you fly from a roadside layby and fly over the Longshaw Estate (making sure they are no buildings, people or animals around) at or around the maximum height of your aircraft, how would the Estate stop you. I don't think they own the airspace above their land, or do they.?

Angel1.

It's not a question of how they stop you.

It is against the law.

It is against the law.

It is not against the law to fly over other people property as the rule of who owns the air above only extends so far.

To help everyone (public, public flying aircraft/drones and the Police) the CAA have worked on the Drone Code, which clearly states:

• Don’t fly near airports or air fields
  • Remember to stay below 400ft (120m)
  • Observe your drone at all times
  • Stay 150ft (50m) away from people and property
  • Never fly near aircraft
  • Enjoy responsibly

As for flying over others land: you can fly up to 120m, you have to be 50m away from property (150m away for crowds or built up areas). this gives you 70m of flying over open land where you don't require the land owners permission.

But be warned - nuisance laws can kick in if repeatedly ''buzzed' or otherwise causing disturbance (such as cattle or other animals).

But as has been said - be sensible and considerate.

It is against the law.

Which law is that. Please quote so I can read up about it. I don't wish to break any laws while flying.

Angel1.

Which law is that. Please quote so I can read up about it. I don't wish to break any laws while flying.

Angel1.

Go google.

Ignorance is no defence.

Go google.

Ignorance is no defence.

There are no specific laws that prohibit the use of a drone (as pointed out by Nottinghamshire Police above) so it's not as simple as saying it's against the law - google it. There are data protection issues, CSS/Airspace laws but nothing specific.

You implied there is a law against drones and I think it's a fair question for those who say such things to be able to show what they are implying.

Go google.

Ignorance is no defence.

Googled and still no wiser. Please supply link.

Angel1.

I digress, but whilst walking my dog in Longshaw a guy flying a drone landed it on the path, it must have looked just like a frisbee to Ellie, who charged towards it, luckily he saw her coming and rescued his toy, no harm done. :hihi: