Where can you fly a drone in Sheffield?

I go up ringinglow with gliders and with the inspire and mavic pro

Yes, up in Lodge Moor behind The Sportsman pub is a licensed site for flying model airplanes, so I'd imagine you'd be OK flying drones there as well.

You'll get a nice view of Sheffield as well (if you're not familiar with that area).

Not been up there for 30 years was in lodge moor hospital ! Have you got snow up there ?

Yes, up in Lodge Moor behind The Sportsman pub is a licensed site for flying model airplanes, so I'd imagine you'd be OK flying drones there as well.

You'll get a nice view of Sheffield as well (if you're not familiar with that area).

Yeah I hear they is club they..but I don’t go to the club.. I just pull up anywhere up they and flie FPV sat on a hill

---------- Post added 17-03-2018 at 17:59 ----------

Not been up there for 30 years was in lodge moor hospital ! Have you got snow up there ?

Yes snow up here was up They this morining with my gliders

If you take the trouble to read my post I said that I had seen them flown on the Longshaw Estate, where did I suggest that the O P should do so without requesting permission?

Wind yer nek in!

No one is questioning you.

Apparently you can fly them over Bramhall Lane but you have to be careful about all the hot air rising.

The Peak District National Park does not permit the flying of model aircraft (including drones) on land it owns; http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/frequently-asked-questions/drones

Permission is required to fly drones in Sheffield parks; https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/parks-sport-recreation/parks-green-spaces

Edited by 1978

I know a few who fly up at the top of Stanage at the lay by on The Dale and they have never ever been stopped or know anyone that has been stopped........EVER.

They is a rc club up they most day and been they for years...drones gliders...but I’m ok I fly a Quadcopter.......army fly drone

Edited by Teamukfpv

They is a rc club up they most day and been they for years...drones gliders...but I’m ok I flie a Quadcopter.......army flies drone

:hihi::hihi:

Wind yer nek in!

No one is questioning you.

It’s you having the mini paddy, not me, just reminding you not to ignore the facts when they are staring you in the face. ;)

you should read the rules of the CAA first there are regulations for flying drones and other aircraft.

DRONE’S don’t own one only army got them...aircrafts don’t own one of them can’t afford one so I got a glider (toy) and I fly where I want never been stopped..it’s a hobby