Bradway or Fulwood

We've all seen the S17/S10/S11 game of top trumps and I'm not trying to start another one up but I just wanted to canvass views from people on here as to these two areas (preferably from someone with experience, even if not living there directly, of both). How have you found living/being in these areas as compared to each other?

They don't seem a million miles off from one another in terms of prices for 3 bed semis so our choice of areas could end up being between Wollaton in Bradway and Crimicar/Winchester in S10. I would welcome any and all experiences or comments.

Thanks in advance.

We lived in Bradway for 20 years, on Prospect Drive, before moving in 2006,we were very happy and never experienced any problems.

Guest makapaka

I would say Fulwood is the better of the two although both are nice areas.

I've lived in Fulwood and have friends in Bradway.

Bradway has a bit of "white van brigade" feel like Greenhill and Norton. Nothing wrong with that if you like being surrounded by tradies.

I’m a Holmesfield fan, so the flatter areas adjoining the Derbyshire border with Holmesfield would be my choice, close to shops, good bus service etc.

Id say S10 any day of the week.

Bradway is niche. Less obvious than S10. Some quality local places to eat & drink (S17/SummerHouses/Peppercorn) fab transport links close by, i.e. Dore Station. I shouldn't be bigging it up because it's niche and lovely and it'd be nice to keep it that way.

I don’t need to be next to the shops, but within reasonable walking distance suits me better than always being reliant on the car. If I was considering Fulwood it would have to be within walking distance of the Brooklands Avenue shops.

Bradway has a bit of "white van brigade" feel like Greenhill and Norton. Nothing wrong with that if you like being surrounded by tradies.

Which part of bradway has "white van brigade" because i am not aware of it.

Fulwood is one of the finest places to live in the city - Though whether Winchester /Barncliffe is not actually Lodge Moor depends on how far you stretch reality.

Having lived on Wollaton Drive in Bradway and now on Crimicar Lane, I can say both areas are pleasant with friendly residents who’ll say good morning to you regardless of them knowing you or not. Both benefit from the countryside and also suffer with the snow in the winter

I would chose Fulwood over Bradway, Just because it’s closer to the City Centre, University and Hospitals. The property prices are slightly higher in S10 and you’ll probably see more equity in your property over the long term

Hope this helps

Fulwood is one of the finest places to live in the city - Though whether Winchester /Barncliffe is not actually Lodge Moor depends on how far you stretch reality.

Westminster is not in Fulwood it's Lodge Moor. Estate agents should be made to write it out 10000 times.

Edited by Zaphod