Jokey cards vile or not?

Shes not really the subject of it though. Her mother is

She certainly is. Go have another look.

i wasnt offended, found em "clever" in how they came across. like i said they are close to the bone

---------- Post added 14-03-2018 at 20:38 ----------

thats the point, not if they get removed you cant

Why take away the joy for all of the people if a few don't find it funny,that's the problem with the world now,ban it if a few don't like it.

The issue is not whether they should be banned, but whether they should have been published in the first place. The man who created and printed these must surely be without compassion and empathy - one wonders about the mindset of someone who could do this and find it amusing.

In particular, the Fritzl case was absolutely horrific. Elisabeth has kept a dignified silence and presumably is trying to make the best of her life. The author of these cards should have respected these poor women and their plight. He is a cruel and disgusting being.

I would hazard a guess that all you men who are defending this would be singing a different tune if you or yours were a female victim of such evildoers.

Edited by Jomie

Never even raised a smile, they just seem odd, not a patch on the good old saucy seaside postcards.

I burst out laughing at the Shannon Matthews one. Not so sure about the other two though.

They'd have been funnier if they were original or recent. Shannon Matthews? How many years ago was that again?

I burst out laughing at the Shannon Matthews one. Not so sure about the other two though.

Do you often laugh at the abuse of white working class kids?

The issue is not whether they should be banned, but whether they should have been published in the first place. The man who created and printed these must surely be without compassion and empathy - one wonders about the mindset of someone who could do this and find it amusing.

In particular, the Fritzl case was absolutely horrific. Elisabeth has kept a dignified silence and presumably is trying to make the best of her life. The author of these cards should have respected these poor women and their plight. He is a cruel and disgusting being.

I would hazard a guess that all you men who are defending this would be singing a different tune if you or yours were a female victim of such evildoers.

thats the thing, can you laugh at dark things, i suppose some people can find a joke in it, in life i suppose you need to or may as well end it now? the world is a dark dark place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-43391219

these near the knuckle cards seem to have offended a few people, are they "funny" or not?

Should they be removed from sale?

It’s all been done before..nothing new.

Hitler: “Not my <removed> gas bill”.

Mayor of Hiroshima: “What the **** was that?!!”

Again, all printed on T-shirts.

No, don’t believe in a ban but it’s always advisable not to use names of living victims directly to sell for profit..just seems cynical.

Edited by nikki-red

Nothing new here,i was selling greetings cards 40 years ago and there was always a range of near the knuckle cards available.

I don’t agree about the Shannon Matthews card. It is quite unpleasant really. Shannon hasn’t done anything wrong and doesn’t deserve to be the subject of such a card. Remember that she will be almost 20 now and very aware of the card.

The others seem ok to me. In general, I’m not a fan of banning things.

You have no right to speak on behalf of Shannon Matthews though. For all you know she could be amused by it and be celebrating the abuse the card gives her mother and giving one to her own foster mother for Mother's Day.