Jokey cards vile or not?

You have no right to speak on behalf of Shannon Matthews though. For all you know she could be amused by it and be celebrating the abuse the card gives her mother and giving one to her own foster mother for Mother's Day.

I wasn’t speaking on behalf of Shannon Matthews. I was expressing my own opinion. I don’t think that jokes about child abuse are very classy.

Thanks for being offended on behalf of Shannon who may or may not have been offended by my post, or the card.:rolleyes:

I wasn’t speaking on behalf of Shannon Matthews. I was expressing my own opinion. I don’t think that jokes about child abuse are very classy.

Thanks for being offended on behalf of Shannon who may or may not have been offended by my post, or the card.:rolleyes:

I'm not offended on behalf of anyone, not entirely sure where you got that from. I'm pointing out that no one has the right to be offended by that card apart from the subject. You're welcome for thanking me for nothing though.

Classy and offensive are two different things tho

It’s all been done before..nothing new.

Hitler: “Not my <removed> gas bill”.

Mayor of Hiroshima: “What the **** was that?!!”

Again, all printed on T-shirts.

No, don’t believe in a ban but it’s always advisable not to use names of living victims directly to sell for profit..just seems cynical.

I had a T-shirt in the 60s " Join the Army, Travel the World, Meet exotic, interesting people, and kill them." LOL. Of course, Elvis Costello made up a song about it in the 80s :hihi:

Are you an amateur artist/illustrator?

I recently tried to rekindle my old hobby of drawing and painting but you know how it is, life gets in the way.

If my interest for art and graphic design was nurtured and encouraged when I was at school who knows.

...but I'm not bitter. :hihi:

Doesn't bother me in any way. So some are offended, some are not. Non story, lets move on.

Angel1.

The minute something "dark" happens people make jokes about it. They might be in private among friends or they may be more public on social media etc, but it's happened since the dawn of time and people should stop being so fragile and brittle.

You have no right to speak on behalf of Shannon Matthews though. For all you know she could be amused by it and be celebrating the abuse the card gives her mother and giving one to her own foster mother for Mother's Day.

I have seen the Shannon Matthews one on facebook, I did find it funny; but I wouldn't buy a card like that. The others were too much, not funny. Not vile enough to ban.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-43391219

these near the knuckle cards seem to have offended a few people, are they "funny" or not?

Should they be removed from sale?

Yes they are funny, no they should not be banned ,and if the PC obsessed dont like them , Tough.

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 19:21 ----------

I don’t agree about the Shannon Matthews card. It is quite unpleasant really. Shannon hasn’t done anything wrong and doesn’t deserve to be the subject of such a card. Remember that she will be almost 20 now and very aware of the card.

The others seem ok to me. In general, I’m not a fan of banning things.

No it wasnt

No it wasnt

So you’ve now decided how ‘naive’ thinks or is affected? Do you know the poster personally?