Britain First banned by Facebook

Yaxley-Lennon changed his name to Tommy Robinson after advice by his uncle.   The real Tommy Robinson was a notorious Luton Town football hooligan.

This is the sort of quality bloke you're dealing with.

When Yaxley-Lennon was convicted of using a false passport, it was found that his real passport was in the name of Paul Harris.

The man is as dodgy as hell.

35 minutes ago, bendix said:

Yaxley-Lennon changed his name to Tommy Robinson after advice by his uncle.   The real Tommy Robinson was a notorious Luton Town football hooligan.

This is the sort of quality bloke you're dealing with.

When Yaxley-Lennon was convicted of using a false passport, it was found that his real passport was in the name of Paul Harris.

The man is as dodgy as hell.

A bit like the majority of the inhabitants of Westminster then?.

Angel1.

Isn't there already a Tommy Robinson thread?

I'd be more interested in hearing the views of some of our more 'right leaning' forum  members of facebook's recent ban on extreme nationalist content. As I said earlier, the language used by some posters on here strongly suggest that they are very familiar with some of these groups.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Isn't there already a Tommy Robinson thread?

I'd be more interested in hearing the views of some of our more 'right leaning' forum  members of facebook's recent ban on extreme nationalist content. As I said earlier, the language used by some posters on here strongly suggest that they are very familiar with some of these groups.

Yeah, there's nothing subtle about them is there ? 

eg. " I'm not racist but .." " ok what race are Muslims then ...?"  " Leave means Leave" 

" PC brigade" " tree huggers"

That about covers it in my experience

Although there is always the false equivalency argument to justify bad behaviour.

" they're  all the same" etc

6 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Having worked in the criminal justice system I noticed that many offenders change their name. 

So do many celebrities, what's your point?

4 hours ago, Resident said:

So do many celebrities, what's your point?

Maybe it's Rolf Harris, Stuart hall and Gary glitter that changed their names?

6 hours ago, melthebell said:

Maybe it's Rolf Harris, Stuart hall and Gary glitter that changed their names?

It's not just celebrities and criminals though. Thousands of people a day make a change to their name. The vast majority of 230, 000 did so in 2016 (first figures result I found on Google). Most of those were women (que Halibut "oppression of women. Down the patriarchy" *yawn*) 

Edited by Resident
Typo

8 hours ago, Resident said:

It's not just celebrities and criminals though. Thousands of people a day make a change to their name. The vast majority of 230, 000 did so in 2016 (first figures result I found on Google). Most of those were women (que Halibut "oppression of women. Down the patriarchy" *yawn*) 

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon has not legally changed his name since he changed it  from being plain Stephen Yaxley.

The "230 000 who did so in 2016" have and can go about their business quite legally.

He is not "Tommy" or "Robinson" until he legally changes his name.

If you want to solely discuss Tommy Robinson we have a dedicated thread to do just that.

Thank you.

LOL

and goodbye more right wing hate preachers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47974579

The ban includes the British National Party and Nick Griffin, the English Defence League and the National Front.

The list also includes Britain First, which was already banned, but this latest action will prohibit support for it on any of the US firm's services.

It said it had taken the action because those involved had proclaimed a "violent or hateful mission".

On 18 April 2019 at 20:59, melthebell said:

LOL

and goodbye more right wing hate preachers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47974579

Oh dear!

And the EDL had done so well getting back to 100K 'likes' after they were hacked by Anonymous! 😂😂😂

This is long overdue. I remember the stupid clowns using the audio for the Manics' "If you Tolerate This" for one of their stupid videos. Someone let the Manics know and James Dean Bradfield and Nicky Wire did their nuts, not least because the song is not exactly subtle in its anti-fascist sentiment. Despite being reported over 1000 times and Epic Records' legal team giving facebook a rocket, it took over a month for facebook to remove it.

No doubt we will have the usual suspects on here boo-hooing about the right to free speech! 🙄