Racing cars late at night Stannington?

In the very early hours of this morning (3am maybe) I was awoke by seriously loud cars or motorbikes racing somewhere near Stannington, it could have been down in Manchester road as it was a very still night. It went on for over an hour. Has anyone else heard this?

In the very early hours of this morning (3am maybe) I was awoke by seriously loud cars or motorbikes racing somewhere near Stannington, it could have been down in Manchester road as it was a very still night. It went on for over an hour. Has anyone else heard this?
......I heard it!............I would say some nut-job on drugs or alcohol was screaming up and down either Manchester or Rivelin Valley road on a very large motorbike!

......I heard it!............I would say some nut-job on drugs or alcohol was screaming up and down either Manchester or Rivelin Valley road on a very large motorbike!

I’m not going mad then! It was awful, hope the idiots get pulled for it next time

You really think the police will be out patrolling the empty peak district roads at that time of day??

Didn’t hear anything and I overlook the Rivelin Valley.

You really think the police will be out patrolling the empty peak district roads at that time of day??

They would if there were a few pensioners protesting!

Yes I heard it about 2.30 last night on Manchester Road, only the once though. If that becomes a regular thing I'll be waiting for them one night.

Yes I heard it about 2.30 last night on Manchester Road, only the once though. If that becomes a regular thing I'll be waiting for them one night.

And what will you do?

At around 3.15am I was traveling past the Tesco at Derek Dooley way. There were two ridiculously, and I mean RIDICULOUSLY, loud cars racing each other along there and up into Pitsmoor. I thought to myself they will have woken up half of Sheffield,

I was in Firth Park and heard nothing so.

Definitely heard it, sorry to disappoint you doubters! It sounded like they were heading out of town and back again four or five times. Really dangerous for late night workers/ drivers.